Received a letter for eye check

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I received a letter to book an appointment for eye check....I am wondering would I still need to go if I regularly go to the opticians ? I have an Opticians appointment on Tuesday

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is for a Diabetic Retinography test, then yes you do still need to go, it is different to a standard eye test.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yup.

Just a note about your opticians appointment. Remember to tell the optician of your Diabetes status.
If you are suffering from blurry vision this may be due to high bg levels but it could also be due to improving bg levels as our eyes take a little longer to adjust to changes in diet/levels of glucose. Some people get over the blurry vision in days or weeks some people find it takes a little longer. So, if this is you, do not run at buying new specs because you may waste your money. If this is not you then all is good.

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yup.

Just a note about your opticians appointment. Remember to tell the optician of your Diabetes status.
If you are suffering from blurry vision this may be due to high bg levels but it could also be due to improving bg levels as our eyes take a little longer to adjust to changes in diet/levels of glucose. Some people get over the blurry vision in days or weeks some people find it takes a little longer. So, if this is you, do not run at buying new specs because you may waste your money. If this is not you then all is good.
Thanks, luckily I havnt had any symptoms but I’ll make them aware

Reactions: hankjam and Guzzler