Recently diagnosed T 1

Gaz77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I've been diagnosed T1 about 8 weeks ago, regularly go the diabetes clinic, am on 14 units of lantus ( which has no bad side effects) and novorapid, but I've a serious problem, being also spins bifida I am incontinent and the novorapid was giving me serious diarrhea which obviously I can't control and am basically housebound until last week I didn't take the novorapid for 2 days and no diarrhoea, the nurse basically rubbished this saying its my diet and none else has had any side effect from novorapid but I've been put on apidra now instead, has anyone else found that that insulin causes these side effects, I'm cracking up here because still off work, glad I came across this site, its been very helpful, thanks

Mickyduff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been a type 1 diabetic for 27 years and I have been on Novorapid for around 15 of them. I have never had a reaction to it but that doesn't mean you aren't. I would get in contact with the diabetes unit in your area and your GP to get to the cause of the problem, please don't stop taking your insulin, it really is saving your life.

Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi and welcome @Gaz77 , so sorry to read about your problems, have you tried to Google our symptoms and your other health condition to see if there is some kind of a link, some people do have bad reactions to medication, take care ?

D

Deleted Account

I have been on Novorapid for over ten years and not experienced the problems you have. I have just reread the notes that come with the insulin and seen no mention of this as a side effect. However, there is a list of other medication which may interact with the insulin. I guess he could be a reaction between your spina bifida medication and Novorapid?

Gaz77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great, thank you all for the replies, I'm going back today to Starr on new fast acting insulin, amplid I think is the name, well hopefully it'll work this time and can get back work and normal routine, take care