Recipe Ideas?

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Hey folks,

I know there is a thread on the low carb forum with suggestions for meals/snacks etc and I wondered if there is anything on this website for ideas for what to cook with the fruit/veg when following the low cal diet. Also does it matter what you eat as long as you stay at 800 cals a day? I mean rather than a 200kcal shake could you have porridge weighed out to be the equivalent calories? Thanks! Tracy x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tho only thing I wish to comment on is "does it matter what you eat as long as you stay at 800 calories a day". If those calories are derived from carbs then it is not a good idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The low carb and low calorie (800 calories a day) diets are quite different and carbohydrate requirements/restrictions will apply to the first and not the second, so you'll need to be clear which one you're actually following. If it's low carb then you're looking at limiting your carbohydrate intake not calories, and you'd be much better off eating low carb (above ground) vegetables rather than higher carb porridge. But if you're restricting calories then that's the only limit you need to stick to. You should obviously keep to a healthy variety of food, but porridge wouldn't necessarily be an issue. I believe there are menu options for this diet, so you'd be best looking at these for guidance.

Robbity