Recipe to compare with GlucoJuice?

fmacd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having been on a pump for a bit now and occasionally needing to use the eye-wateringly expensive GlucoJuice to get me out of a hypo quickly without spiking, I feel that someone is making one heck of a lot of dosh out of what is basically 15g of quick-release glucose. Annoyingly it works for me quicker than anything else but the fact that a hypo - at its cheapest - costs £1.19 sticks in the craw. Has anyone had any success replicating it? Have seen recipes for Isotoner drinks but they're not great either. I'd welcome any good pharmacists' tips out there or a share from someone who's cracked it on their own. (If I were you, I'd set up in opposition at half the price...you'd be rolling in it...).

D

Deleted Account

Do you need to take the hypo treatment in liquid format?
I always use GlucoTabs and know many others use jelly babies - both are much much cheaper than GlucoJuice.
Could you reserve the Juice for when you are very low and use cheaper alternatives for less sever hypos?

fmacd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having been diabetic for forty years, Jelly Babies were always my go-to. I was just wondering if anyone had a liquid format recipe that I could pinch for these low days that would also chime with the pump's need for accuracy. I'm essentially being an idle - and tight - git!