Reduced movement .. now having steroids

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ladies,

So second baby, 34 plus weeks and growth is perfect. Sugars have been okay too .. I have had a bit of reduced movement and today was very faint, headachy and felt nauseous. But they don’t quite know why as bloody ect came back normal.

Any diabetic mums experienced reduced movement, my consult mentioned an earlier delivery if movement doesn’t improve?

Slightly worried! X

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
at 34 weeks they are nearly ready to pop out if they decided to bring it forward the baby will probably spend a day or two in a baby unit. mainly to keep warm and to feed.if they decide they will they should offer you a tour. it looks scarely but they are really calming. a couple of minewere born at 33 and 35 weeks the other 3 a week or 2 early one daughter was 2 days late. ours just needed a feedtube and a blood oxygen and temp sensors. our smallest was 4 1/2 and biggest the late one 6lbs. acouple needed phototherapy for a day or so this is like a sun lamp/

seriously try not to worry just expect your care now to be hospital based. if all your stats are ok they willjust watch and scan. it could just be your baby was tired. seriously take care

jade88

No experience with reduced movement but just wanted to wish you all the best! Hopefully they can keep baby cooking for a few more weeks! xxx

Reactions: Madelinelowery

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No experience with reduced movement but just wanted to wish you all the best! Hopefully they can keep baby cooking for a few more weeks! xxx

Thank you lovely! On my second round of steroids so if baby does decide to make an early appearance we are ready! Xxx

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I keep checking back to see whether there has been any update with your little one! Is baby staying put for a bit longer? xx

Bless you hun!!

Still no appearance yet hun!! I’ll be getting my induction date on Tuesday though feeling nervous!

I’m really struggling with my sugars at the moment though, I’m running temporary Basel’s most of the day and always have active insulin, but still not lower then 10 Mml

Also still not feeling hypos!! Do you think that’s all another cause to get baby out earlier?

How are you hun? Xx