Reducing steroids latest hba1c

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got a text today to say my latest hba1c is 45 up from 40 last time.

I am reducing steroids. When I got to 10mg I stopped the humulin. Everything was fine for 2 weeks, then numbers started to climb. Reluctantly I went back on it. Now I am reducing by 1mg per month and I am reducing the humulin by a unit to match it.

It's annoying but hey ho. On the plus side, I only take the novorapid if I want to be particularly naughty.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a text today to say my latest hba1c is 45 up from 40 last time.

I am reducing steroids. When I got to 10mg I stopped the humulin. Everything was fine for 2 weeks, then numbers started to climb. Reluctantly I went back on it. Now I am reducing by 1mg per month and I am reducing the humulin by a unit to match it.

It's annoying but hey ho. On the plus side, I only take the novorapid if I want to be particularly naughty.

xfieldoc - I have to say I have taken my hat off to your approach and stoicism in all this trial you have had, and I daresay you'll have further challenges moving forward. You really have set your mind to achieving some sort of balance with your life. An A1c of 45 is not to be sniffed at, never mind your underlying challenges.

I imagine you're in the shielding group at the moment. I hope you're managing well, and I wish you all the best to keep fighting that good fight.

A big well done from me.

Reactions: xfieldok

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suspect the steroids skew the numbers somewhat.

Yes, I am in the high risk category, I will be ultra cautious when the so called lockdown finishes. Although I might make an exception for the hairdresser.........