Refreshing change

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just returned from my endo appointment today and the doc said he was seriously impressed by my results. He totally agreed that if you are carb counting and the lower the better it does no harm! My blood sugars are down, my weight is down, my blood pressure is down, my need for insulin is down. He said to keep doing what I'm doing - got a Fitbit and low carbing and medium fat. Don't need to go back for 10 months instead of 3! So happy now. It makes a refreshing change as my surgery nurse keeps telling me type 2 should eat carbs at every meal!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's great @Ann1982

I'm kicking myself for not explaining to my GP how I got my numbers down (have never been referred to a nurse, everything through the GP) but fully intend to when I collect my next set of results.

Reactions: ziggy_w and dbr10

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is fabulous news, Ann. Well done on your achievements, the feeling you get with each improvement made is reward enough but I think a treat is in order, don't you? Keep up the great work!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That is fabulous news, Ann. Well done on your achievements, the feeling you get with each improvement made is reward enough but I think a treat is in order, don't you? Keep up the great work!
Like sandals or a new handbag???

Reactions: ziggy_w

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks to all. I did treat myself but only to 2 squares of 90% chocolate! Sandals or a new handbag? No think I will go for a new 3 sizes smaller (yay) jacket that's wind and waterproof for walking in the winter.