Refused Freestyle Libre 2 free trial

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone been refused the 14 day free trial for Freestyle Libre 2?
I downloaded the app and filled out the form. I then got an email which said ‘We’re sorry that you are not eligible for a 14-day free trial of the FreeStyle Libre 2 system because you incorrectly answered the eligibility questions’ But it didn’t give me my answers or what the correct answers should be. I’m positive I didn’t answer them incorrectly though. Didn’t want there free trial anyway! :rolleyes: :joyful:

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was refused ages ago- I'm in Australia so that may make a difference. When I asked I was told over the phone that type 2s weren't covered. I'm not sure whether that is their official position or anything.

Reactions: MissMuffett

Angela64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2 and PAF & now Haemochromatosis!
I tried ages ago and got same result ‍♀️ I don’t think they’re all they’re cracked up to be. Chances are I’ll be allergic to the adhesive

Reactions: MissMuffett

Angela64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2 and PAF & now Haemochromatosis!
For me as a type 1 slogging away with insulin and food 24 hours a day they are an absolute godsend.
Maybe suited more to T1

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Has anyone been refused the 14 day free trial for Freestyle Libre 2?
I filled out the online questionnaire multiple times and never had a responce so I emailed them directly as I though it was because I was type 2 but there responce was that I didn't live in England.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried ages ago and got same result ‍♀️ I don’t think they’re all they’re cracked up to be. Chances are I’ll be allergic to the adhesive
Angel, they seem to have improve the products along the way. The initial sensors were incredibly poor for me - always read low, predicting HbA1cs of 19 and such like, or dropping off, but they have improved a lot with the various iterations.

Nothing is perfect, but they have got better over time, as we would hope they would.

Reactions: Antje77