Regular moderate exercise log

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today abs, forearms back exercises (to avoid another back injury) and finished with a 15 minute HIIT session, heart rate was around 170-180 by the end and according to the ergometer the high intensity was about 450 watts.

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have picked up an injury.

Ran 10km Sunday, ran 6km Monday, swam Tuesday, rest day Wednesday, swam then ran 5km Thursday, foot hurt, rest day yesterday, saw osteopath for my foot, drove to parkrun this morning, parked, got out of car, walked 20 yards towards park, realised if walking was this sore then running was out of the question, turned round, came home.

Should have stuck around even though I wasn't running. Wish I had.

Grr, meh, bah and boo. With knobs on.
:mad:

Voltarol, woolly socks (am usually surgically attached to my slippers - but too owwy), cup of tea, pottering doing gentle domestic goddess chores, sulking.

Sorry for the whinge, friends, but it's made me feel better. Thanks for listening!
:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Snapsy . Sorry to hear you're injured. Any idea what the problem is with the foot?
Just hate not being able to do something because of an injury, know exactly how you're feeling.
Hope it gets better soon.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks, @therower . Tis two of my tarsals - second and third - sore and irritated, bit like my mood! Front of ankle not happy at all. A lot (for me) of running plus very tight down that calf = ow.

Own fault. Wish I could get off the 'all or nothing' rollercoaster!

:banghead:

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Snapsy injuries are an unfortunate consequence when having an active lifestyle. You do learn how to appreciate working out better when not being able to.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You're so right, @qe5rt ! It's made me realise how much I love running!

I'm hoping to recover very soon, as I'm 'in training' for a flippin' 10k in April.....

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You'll ace that 10 k @Snapsy i'm sure of it!

Today another HIIT session for me, i added two cycles upping it to a full 15 minutes of HIIT not including the warm up and cool down. Weight loss is going steady.

I am however out of creatine and i do prefer to take it on a cutting cycle, it's nice to have it offset the reduction of carbs. Next to this i'm in my final week of beta-Alanine which also helps during cuts. I'm assuming though that not having creatine will reduce my weight because of the lack of water retention.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today i did what i should've done a week ago namely 8 sets of doubles (2 reps) with 110 kg.

Before i stopped working out for +/- 8 months (moving to a new house and not finding the time) i did 110 kg for singles (10 sets) and benched 120 kg with ease. Right now doing 110 kg for doubles i'm pretty sure i got that beat. Furthermore before my back injury in June i had trouble benching 100 kg for doubles so i'm happy with these results. I think i surpassed my previous level, next week i move on to doing singles for 9 sets. If things progress even in a pessimistic sense i'll be closing in on 130-135 kg by the end of this year. And right now i'm pretty light, it'll be easier when i'm bulking up again.

as last week:

Last edited:

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A noticeable improvement with HIIT, felt less tired and was able to sustain 400 watts way longer during the high intensity bits. Overall 415 calories burned in about 15 minutes according to the on-board callorie meter.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How's the foot, @Snapsy ?

I'm still happily tootling away on my walking challenges - 8.5 miles being my current daily average, which is pleasing as I'm doing a much more even number most days now and not having massive long walks on Saturdays and Sundays to make up for not doing enough during the week. Definitely helps that I'm with a group who are not totally classroom based.

However, I really do need to try and shift these last stubborn few pounds and to that end probably will need to vary this routine. Woe! Am attempting to get to the park to use the outdoor gym equipment for 10/15 minutes (when no one is watching!) might help...

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow @Japes , your daily mileage is impressive!

And thanks so much for asking - I last ran on the 26th, which is when I hurt my foot. Three osteopathy treatments later and it's SO much better - my last treatment on Wednesday actually realigned the twist so I am now landing on the correct part of my foot for the first time in about a year. This injury is partly (mostly) down to bad running posture, which added to the too much running too frequently on challenging terrain made me grind to a halt.

Have promised myself a trip to running club next Thursday - although the foot is so so so much better it's still got some soreness. But now the structural damage has been corrected things are looking UP!

In the meantime I've massively ramped up the swimming - so much so that my favourite necklace is looking very tight on my newly-Sylvester-Stalloned neck. Scary............

:joyful::joyful::joyful:

I love the idea of using the outdoor gym equipment. Go for it!

Reactions: Japes

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Snapsy. Newly-Sylvester-Stallone-neck???????????????????????
You certainly know how to conjure up some strange images of how I imagine you.
I can just see Rambo now, bullet belt, combats, headband, larger than life gun, bulging biceps and his pump swinging by his side.
Half way through slaughtering the Viet-cong he has to adjust his pump on account the stress is getting to him.
I digress, glad to hear your foot is getting better.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yup. Rambo meets Lara Croft (with elastic belt holding pump and other handy weapons - y'know, Glucotabs, parkrun barcode, pool locker token).

Mirrors scare me.....

;):joyful:

honey badger

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My wife runs marathons, she is in a running club, and yet I notice the more she runs, the more her body adapts for her to get the same out of it.
So for example if she ran a mile, for two weeks, she would then have to start running 2 miles to get the same sort of benefit out of it, as her body adapts and manages this.
Part of the training is running in stops and starts up hills, 30 seconds sprint, 15 seconds jog, 30 seconds sprint.
Yesterday I did a small experiment..
I live on a hill, at 13.50 I did my blood, 7.4 then walked down the hill, and back up again at a fair pace, I got back 13 minutes later, puffing like a train..(over weight, under exercised).. I waited to recover, it took 3 minutes, and then re did my blood..6 it stayed there all day until tea time, when it was 5.7..I din't think you have to walk for miles, to get benefit from exercise, I think it's the effort rather than the duration that counts.
Now don't think for a minute i'm saying you shouldn't do whatever, I would never do that, or convince my other half from running bonkers miles, however, I think for people who think exercise is to much of a drag, takes up to much time, etc. for me it seems a quick 20 mins quick march up a hill, gives me the benefits of a leisurely 5k jog

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A bit of a turbulent week for me. Last week my shoulder decided to hurt like hell after benching 112,5 kg but stubbornness kept me from stopping and i did finish 9 sets of singles with that weight. The next day i could barely lift my arm and the rest of the week my shoulder felt fatigued all the time. I wanted to workout again on friday since the pain had subsided but i came home from work shivering from cold. Decided i might as well rest up so didn't workout friday or saterday ... might have played video games till 5 in the morning but that's another story. So yesterday i did an HIIT session and it felt bad, got nauseous, dizzy and felt weak barely made it through but persevered and finished the 15 minutes and felt ready to faint.

Today i had to do another session of heavy singles and preferable more than last week. I was a bit weary and actually nervous but right now i'm sitting on a new PR, 9 sets of singles with 115 kg. Had to shout and grunt myself through every set but i did it. Next week i reset the routine and start again from the beginning (with more weight). I'm rather pleased with myself and i'm trying to resist the urge to start bulking again, i really want to see what i can do with a higher body weight.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow, @qe5rt that sounds really painful! Time to ease off for a bit until you feel tip top again? But it sounds like today's been much better for you - nice one!

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today's HIIT session went fairly well. Probably going to do a deloading week after this one, shoulder hurt again today though not as much as week before.