Relief at HbA1C result

Em16

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all and thank you to everyone on this website :) for your knowledge and advice.

I just got my hb1ac result and it is 37. I'm delighted.

I've been diagnosed as Type 1.5 so I don't expect to be able to use diet control forever but for now I'm
eating LCHF. Initially it caused a rise in triglycerides ( 1.9 Feb, 2.3 in March) so I switched to pretty much only healthy fats....avacado, nuts, olive oil, oily fish etc. The triglycerides are now 1.1 YEY!!

I did lose a lot of weight (I was already slim) but am trying regular snacks and will slowly add in more saturated fats going forward after seeing that nice low trig result.

I am so happy to have had these results :):)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all and thank you to everyone on this website :) for your knowledge and advice.

I just got my hb1ac result and it is 37. I'm delighted.

I've been diagnosed as Type 1.5 so I don't expect to be able to use diet control forever but for now I'm
eating LCHF. Initially it caused a rise in triglycerides ( 1.9 Feb, 2.3 in March) so I switched to pretty much only healthy fats....avacado, nuts, olive oil, oily fish etc. The triglycerides are now 1.1 YEY!!

I did lose a lot of weight (I was already slim) but am trying regular snacks and will slowly add in more saturated fats going forward after seeing that nice low trig result.

I am so happy to have had these results :):)

Well done! :D

TinksMum

Just like to thank you all for your fabulous forum with its very sensible advice. I was diagnosed type 2 in March 2020 with HbA1c of 50. With low carb eating and intermittent fasting my new result is now 40! So pleased with that result - I have also lost 2 stones and feel so much fitter too. Still have weight to lose but so pleased that I am now 'in remission'! Many thanks

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just like to thank you all for your fabulous forum with its very sensible advice. I was diagnosed type 2 in March 2020 with HbA1c of 50. With low carb eating and intermittent fasting my new result is now 40! So pleased with that result - I have also lost 2 stones and feel so much fitter too. Still have weight to lose but so pleased that I am now 'in remission'! Many thanks

Fab result! Well done :D

Reactions: Perminder1