Type 1 Reminder App for Pump Users

Hellikopta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use an Insulin pump and every 2 ½ days I need to change my infusion set and every 4 days I need to change my reservoir. Does anyone know if there are any Apps out there that can help remind me of these types of things. My memory is not the best so any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use an Insulin pump and every 2 ½ days I need to change my infusion set and every 4 days I need to change my reservoir. Does anyone know if there are any Apps out there that can help remind me of these types of things. My memory is not the best so any help is appreciated!

Thanks
I would use the alarm clock feature on my android phone to set up both alerts, no need for a app.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Hellikopta, my pump (medtronic 640g) has a set change reminder function, I'm surprised they don't all have that.
I'm old school and write on the calendar when I need to do stuff, C for cannula for example.

Reactions: Hellikopta

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My pump is controlled via a phone app which provides alerts when it needs changing and when the insulin is running low.
Marking dates on a calendar (whether paper or electronic) is all well and good but don’t mark too far ahead as pumps can fail and mess up your calendar.

I am surprised your infusion sets and reservoirs are on a different timetable. I partially fill my reservoir so it should need changing at the same time as the infusion set. I usually change it every 3 days.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Marking dates on a calendar (whether paper or electronic) is all well and good but don’t mark too far ahead as pumps can fail and mess up your calendar.

My calendar has a lot of arrows on it :hilarious: I tend to do about a week at a time but it's covered in different letters and different coloured dots anyway, I'm old school and very messy :D

I am surprised your infusion sets and reservoirs are on a different timetable. I partially fill my reservoir so it should need changing at the same time as the infusion set. I usually change it every 3 days.

Same. I put the amount of insulin I need to last me 3 days, plus some extra for any illness etc in the reservoir. Changing reservoirs and sets at different times seems like it would be adding unnecessary complication. But do some pumps use pre-filled reservoirs?

Last edited:

Hellikopta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks all. Sorry for the delay in responding - didn't get any notifications! Need to check my settings.

I tried writing all this on my calendar but when infusion sets fail it all goes down the tubes and I never got round to correcting it again. I think the online Google Calendar might be the best option. My pump has reminders but only for a set amount of time (3 days) which doesn't tie up with when I need to change my cannula (every 2 1/2 days) as it starts to loose absorption after that. I just watched the Diabetes Tech conference and one of the participants mentioned an App which reminds her about all this but she didn't say what it was. Oh well. Google to the rescue :D

Reactions: sleepster