Renal Haemodialysis

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

Anyone has experience with renal haemodialysis, personal or from friends or family?

I want to know whether renal patients are held in a waiting list before they are accepted to start haemodialysis due to congestion in renal units?

Thanks

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
RABDOS
EVENING TO YOU now i had 3 year plus on dialysis . forget what you hear , if you are needed to go on dialysis you will get a place home or hospital it will depend on your kidney function at what percent you are at ok.
i started with my wife driving 80 mile round trip to dial 3 hours sat evenings plus 30mins on and 30 mins off
when you feel so very ill you have to get on DIALYSIS this was way back 2003 and the 5 years dialysis units open up in bury st edmunds . ipswich colchester suffolk /essex over 3.5 years i did dialysis abroad in germany kent hull
i was lucky some very kind person gave a kidney now been going 12 years but i think today you will find if you need dialysis you will feel ... like weak no go and sleepy trust me i am trying to be kind and as far as waiting list there poss is
but as you know NHS is not what is my wife needed an ambulance after faint and falling on the pavement 35 minsnone came we took her home and we were only 5 mis drive from the hospital we just have adapt good luck vic

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Good morning, Rabdos.

You may get more answers if you put your question in one of the 'Diabetes Management' sub sections of the forum or in the generalised 'Ask a Question' section of the forum.
Alternatively, you could just tag in a moderator who would be glad to move your thread as you have posted in the 'Chat' section. Best wishes.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Family experience of dialysis - if it is needed you will be sent to a unit, this may be a significant distance away though but people needing dialysis are not left waiting. Our first unit was just over an hour away. The last, about 15 minutes.