Renewing pump

MarkP

Does anyone have any experience of renewing their pump?

I have had a Minimed 508 for about 8 years. About 4 years in it started developing software faults and continually restarting itself. At the time I told Minimed, they sent me a new pump as a temp while mine was returned for repair and charged by a couple of hundred £ for the repair as it was out of warranty but they never sent me my original pump back and I basically got a new pump.

My current pump has started playing up every so often with the same symptoms as last time.

I was originally self funded but currently (after a few string letters from my consultant) my local PCT is funding my consumables. I expect I will need a new pump within the next 6-12 months and would be grateful to hear from anyone who has had any experience in obtaining a replacement pump through their PCT.

Thanks

Mark

jopar

Hi Mark

Most pumps should be replaced at the end of there werrenty period, as the PCT are now funding your consumables then they should in theroy the ones to replace your pump now it's coming up to the end of the warrenty period...

You need to ask your consultant know about your pending need to have your pump replaced, if your next appointment isn't for a bit, either write to your consultant or give them a phone...

MarkP

Thanks

Given i missed my last couple of appointments i guess i will need to get my GP to refer me back to the Hospital!

I have also asked Minimed for advice via thier website, given they should be used to dealing with this. I will post any response from them.

Mark

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
they probably recondition them and send them to third world countries... at least, maybe that's what they SHOULD do with them.