1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Replacement pump

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by diabeticmegxo, Dec 29, 2017.

1. diabeticmegxo

diabeticmegxo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I spoke to Roche yesterday about my pump and the cartridge having condensation around it. They said to clean out the cartridge area around the piston rod so I did and this morning it’s came back. My pump is being taken back for investigation because it’s affected my blood sugars and there sending me a new one however I don’t know how to set it up. Any advice?
    Thank you x

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi Meg -- can you and your mum write down all the settings in your old pump ?
    I can review all my settings in my pump handset.

and also talk to your DSN today to tell her what is happening.
    she may be able to talk you through setting up the new pump.

also tagging @Snapsy and @Gaz-M as I think they might be on Roche pumps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am on the Insight pump and have had mine replaced. When they send you the new pump there will be instructions how to connect your handset to the pump. Once you have done this your new pump will have all the settings as the old pump, if you get stuck just tag me and I will try to help you or your Mum set up the new pump

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @diabeticmegxo sorry to hear this! Customer services will be able to talk you through it over the phone if you're at all unsure - they were great when my handset failed (they have replaced that side of things twice, although I haven't had a pump problem so far). Deep breaths - hope you'll get set up in moments - am sure all will be well. Hugs!

:)

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook