Replacement pump

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I spoke to Roche yesterday about my pump and the cartridge having condensation around it. They said to clean out the cartridge area around the piston rod so I did and this morning it’s came back. My pump is being taken back for investigation because it’s affected my blood sugars and there sending me a new one however I don’t know how to set it up. Any advice?
Thank you x

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi Meg -- can you and your mum write down all the settings in your old pump ?
I can review all my settings in my pump handset.

and also talk to your DSN today to tell her what is happening.
she may be able to talk you through setting up the new pump.

also tagging @Snapsy and @Gaz-M as I think they might be on Roche pumps.

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I am on the Insight pump and have had mine replaced. When they send you the new pump there will be instructions how to connect your handset to the pump. Once you have done this your new pump will have all the settings as the old pump, if you get stuck just tag me and I will try to help you or your Mum set up the new pump

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @diabeticmegxo sorry to hear this! Customer services will be able to talk you through it over the phone if you're at all unsure - they were great when my handset failed (they have replaced that side of things twice, although I haven't had a pump problem so far). Deep breaths - hope you'll get set up in moments - am sure all will be well. Hugs!

:)