Resource help needed

Alkip

Hello, I'm a Resource and Information Manager within Public Health in the NHS and I'm looking to add some Diabetes (type 1 & type 2) DVDs to our library collection. However, I'm not having much luck finding many and, most of those that I've found have been USA productions and whilst good, the differences in clinical practice between our 2 countries means that I feel unable to order these.

Does anyone know of any good, UK based, DVDs for all and any ages.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Alkip,

I must say I personally haven't come across a UK produced DVD covering diabetes. However, I just googled "diabetes DVD" and found 128,000 entries! The first one I looked at http://www.diabetesdvd.co.uk/
features DVDs all made by medical teams based in various Scottish hospitals.
An alternative source of information might be Diabetes UK (the primary uk diabetes organisation). I couldn't find any mentions of a DVD on their website, but if you contact them directly they may know of ones they would recommend, or perhaps would consider producing one themselves.

Alkip

Just to follow up on this, I bought 4 DVDs from 'the small video comapny'; Type 2 diabetes, childhood diabetes, teenage diabetes and From pills to insulin. All are superb.

Once again Scotlands health services show the way.