Restarting Dexcom G5 sensor

donnac1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just thinking ahead for next week - I am wearing my first sensor and want to get more than 7 days. How do I restart it after the 7 days is up?
Thanks

D

Deleted Account

... The same way you started it first time.
Keep the sensor in place and start the sensor.

Reactions: Juicyj

donnac1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ok do I wait til the sensor has ended at 5.30 this afternoon? Or stop it before then and restart it?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ok do I wait til the sensor has ended at 5.30 this afternoon? Or stop it before then and restart it?

Either, whatever works for you. obviously itll move on restart time wise 2 hours a week so a point will come that you say, no too late. 7.30 isn't too bad though.

How are you finding it? have you used any additional 'stick' yet?

donnac1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Either, whatever works for you. obviously itll move on restart time wise 2 hours a week so a point will come that you say, no too late. 7.30 isn't too bad though.

It’s great. I used skin tac underneath and I got some of those big flesh coloured patches
IMG_7413.jpg
. And it has stayed completely stuck so far. Estimating at least another week if the restart works ok.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm using Dexcom G4. If I start sensor at 5.30pm on a Friday it will end 5.30pm the following Friday if I then re boot it immediately it will still finish at 5.30pm the following Friday. For me the 7 days includes the 2 hr warm up, meaning I will always activate or re activate at the same time.
Not sure if G5 is different.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @donnac1968 . I find those patches to be really good, they tend to flex and move a lot like your skin.
Mine usually stay on for 12/14 days then start to lift at the edges. I then carefully cut away the outer edge, clean skin, a bit of skin tac and stick another patch on top.

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Do those patches have a hole already in the centre of them for the sensor or do you cut it out?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I ask where you get them from?
I tap in Dexcom patches. Go to Amazon and there they are. Pack of 25 Oval patches by Insulin life.
Apologies I'm not very good with techno stuff hence I have no idea how to do a link, if that's what it is.:)

Reactions: crumpy

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
I'd go with the penguin myself, whether it looks like Tux or not. :)