Resting heart rate rise

Paulm80

Hello..... just a quick question after losing a lot of weight (4stone) my resting heart rate has risen from 64 to 78 according to my Fitbit , was always pretty active but walked 9 miles yesterday and climbed a mountain this morning so no drop in activity! Could this be down to lchf or weighloss? Was hospitalised recently due to infection and hr was constantly in 50s, now I’m back fit it’s jumped. Or maybe it’s diabetes related?
Thankyou

Antechinus

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Cardio neuropathy is something that can happen in diabetics, and has a range of symptoms, though only effects a small percentage of diabetics. High resting pulse rate is one of the symptoms, another is non changing heart rate with exercise, or slump in blood pressure with postural changes; but there are lots of things that affect heart rate so don't panic just yet. Monitor for a few weeks and see what happens. And as always, if concerned, see your GP.

Reactions: Paulm80

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
my resting heart rate has risen from 64 to 78

If you consult Dr Google he/she says normal resting heart rate is any where between 60 and 100 beats per minute. There is something called "fat burning heart rate" which can be 70% of your MAXIMUM heart rate (so not resting). If you walked 9 miles one day and climbed a mountain the next, that could easily mean you're burning more than you're consuming so quite possibly burning fat for fuel. So 70% of max is going to be higher than resting,

Reactions: Paulm80