Restless legs.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
I've been suffering from restless legs for a few months now but luckily I don't suffer from it every night. Last night was the worst ever, it took me literally hours to get to sleep.

Does this have anything to do with diabetes?

Does anyone else suffer with this condition and can tell me what I can do about it? it's driving me mad.

Thanks

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I have suffered from restless legs for years - long before I got diabetes. I find if I get an attack that taking Red Vine Leaf Extract (I get mine from Healthspan and probably others have it too) relieves it.
You can also take it daily if you want. :)

redrevis

My dad has had RLS for years. It might sounds crazy, but he finds having a couple of glasses of water settles his down a lot. He isn't one for taking drugs to make him drousy to fix the problem, so this is the best he's found for now.

justfoundout

Dislikes
Bullies
Hello
I used to get lots of twitching spasms in my legs prior to diagnosis. Then I changed my life around through the miracles of a low carb diet. Then I stopped getting any more twitces tics restless legs whatever. Bliss.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Restless legs drive me mad and cause me to lose loads of sleep but it clearly is not to do with diabetes as the legs are my husband's not mine. I don't know about a cure but I have considered a well aimed mallet! :lol: :roll:

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Synonym said:
Restless legs drive me mad and cause me to lose loads of sleep but it clearly is not to do with diabetes as the legs are my husband's not mine. I don't know about a cure but I have considered a well aimed mallet! :lol: :roll:

My wife doesn't have that problem, I moved out of the bedroom a while back because I was very worried that she just might start using a mallet, she threatened she would many times. :lol:

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

daisy1 said:
I have suffered from restless legs for years - long before I got diabetes. I find if I get an attack that taking Red Vine Leaf Extract (I get mine from Healthspan and probably others have it too) relieves it.
You can also take it daily if you want. :)

Thanks for that, I'm taking some other pills for other illnesses so I'll ask my GP if it's ok to take the ones you suggested.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

redrevis said:
My dad has had RLS for years. It might sounds crazy, but he finds having a couple of glasses of water settles his down a lot. He isn't one for taking drugs to make him drousy to fix the problem, so this is the best he's found for now.

I drink about 2 & half to 3 litres a day but it hasn't helped me at all. :(

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

justfoundout said:
Hello
I used to get lots of twitching spasms in my legs prior to diagnosis. Then I changed my life around through the miracles of a low carb diet. Then I stopped getting any more twitces tics restless legs whatever. Bliss.

Well, I tried finding out the benefits of low-carbing by asking some questions but got no answers so I think I'll give that a miss for now. Thanks anyway.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to have restless legs also but it has almost gone now since I got my BGs down by reduced carbing .The best thing to do is give it a try nothing to lose.By the way my legs only ever twitch now if I am very very tired
CAROL

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

Just to update, I saw my Consultans last week and she told me that my resless legs problems is caused by one of the medication I'm on. Luckily I'll be off them in about 3 weeks and should be ok after a while. Thanks for all the replies.