Retail Therapy Ideas?

D

Deleted member 308541

I'd like to think that the only people who could possibly think that the Netherlands was inside Iceland would be US presidents!
I believe Donny Trump and Sean Spicer thought that Australia was a European country. :meh:

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, well, I usually use Celsius. As I'm in the Netherlands, so at sea-level, it's scientific enough for me.

How can the Netherlands be at sea level? I thought it was all volcanoes?

Hang on a minute, the phone's ringing...

That was the White House, they want me to be their Chief of Foreign Affairs.

I told them I live too far away, in the UK, but they said it's no problem, they'll send a car round to pick me up. Sorted.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a Sony A7 + 28-70mm lens and an La-ea4 adaptor for my 70-400mm g ssm lens.

That's more like it! MAN Retail Therapy. Gadgets identified by letters and numbers!

The pillows I got didn't work, I've had hardly any sleep again and I'm seriously thinking about trying to get to sleep sitting upright in a chair tonight. It also means that they no longer count towards Retail Therapy so I need to get myself something else.

Seriously tempted to get a new TV, my current one is making a funny noise and there's a big dark blotch on the screen. A TV is a GREAT way to buy something identified by letters and numbers! Not sure I can afford one though...

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, my name is Adam James and I've had enough of the diabetes thing, frankly it's getting old.

I'm sick of numbers and graphs and testing and caring and failing and I feel I'm on the edge of a meltdown.

However, today is Pay Day so I'm going to completely cure my T2 with Retail Therapy, for a short while anyway.

Any ideas? What's the best, most distracting thing you've bought recently which has cheered you up no end? Except for the Ann Summers stuff - this is a family forum so you can PM me with those sorts of suggestions. With pictures, please.

The sky's the limit - I'm a millionaire and can easily afford things like ponies, yachts, mansions or medium-size islands.

Oh no, that's not it, maybe more like a pair of nice socks.

Oh, anything...

To quote Professor Albus Dumbledore, "One can never have enough socks"! I totally agree with him, recently I picked up some cool animal patterned socks (parrots, zebras, koalas and ducks). Or some nice shoes! Or shirts, pants etc. But ok, if you're not looking for clothing then I would seriously suggest buying some boardgames!

Modern games have evolved since Monopoly, Life etc and there are some really cool ones out there. I play games with my mum all the time, our newest favourite is "Sagrada" (The aim of the game is to score the most points by building stained glass windows in a cathedral. You roll colourful dice and put them in a grid to make up your window, subject to various placement restrictions). I would also recommmend "Qwirkle" (like Scrabble but with colours and shapes so it's much more interesting), "Archaeology: The New Expedition" (a card game where you are trying to collect sets of various relics, avoid sandstorms and thieves, and earn the most money for your discoveries), or if you are huge Potterhead like me (maybe you could tell from the Dumbledore quote earlier, but I LOVE Harry Potter) then "Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle" is an amazing card game where you work together with the other players to learn spells, collect magical items, make allies and defeat the villains before they take control of the world!

Reactions: AdamJames
D

Deleted member 308541

Call me techno, but I just tried my new phones finger print recognition thingy paying for The Beatles - Love album from my Google Play Store account.

Not bad for a 73 y/o phart...

Reactions: AdamJames

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To quote Professor Albus Dumbledore, "One can never have enough socks"! I totally agree with him, recently I picked up some cool animal patterned socks (parrots, zebras, koalas and ducks). Or some nice shoes! Or shirts, pants etc. But ok, if you're not looking for clothing then I would seriously suggest buying some boardgames!

Modern games have evolved since Monopoly, Life etc and there are some really cool ones out there. I play games with my mum all the time, our newest favourite is "Sagrada" (The aim of the game is to score the most points by building stained glass windows in a cathedral. You roll colourful dice and put them in a grid to make up your window, subject to various placement restrictions). I would also recommmend "Qwirkle" (like Scrabble but with colours and shapes so it's much more interesting), "Archaeology: The New Expedition" (a card game where you are trying to collect sets of various relics, avoid sandstorms and thieves, and earn the most money for your discoveries), or if you are huge Potterhead like me (maybe you could tell from the Dumbledore quote earlier, but I LOVE Harry Potter) then "Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle" is an amazing card game where you work together with the other players to learn spells, collect magical items, make allies and defeat the villains before they take control of the world!

I checked out the 'Sagrada' board game and it looks very tempting / different. It's a shame about the price though!

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Call me techno, but I just tried my new phones finger print recognition thingy paying for The Beatles - Love album from my Google Play Store account.

Not bad for a 73 y/o phart...

You're doing well. I'm a bit younger than you and supposedly work in IT but I only got a smart phone about a year ago!

D

Deleted member 308541

You're doing well. I'm a bit younger than you and supposedly work in IT but I only got a smart phone about a year ago!
This new phone is smarter than the other two I have combined, I looked at my old dumb phone and smile at what features it had ...a built in game.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To quote Professor Albus Dumbledore, "One can never have enough socks"! I totally agree with him, recently I picked up some cool animal patterned socks (parrots, zebras, koalas and ducks).

I got socks. Plain old cotton socks. They haven't arrived yet. I'm excited.