Retinopathy and neuropathy improved by control or wishful thinking

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've noticed subjectively that my retinopathy affected vision and neuropathy poison send to have improved over past few weeks. This coincides with much improved BG levels since testing and adjusting basal with help of a libre. Is this likely to be real improvement or just my wishful thinking? Any thoughts much appreciated please.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've noticed subjectively that my retinopathy affected vision and neuropathy poison send to have improved over past few weeks. This coincides with much improved BG levels since testing and adjusting basal with help of a libre. Is this likely to be real improvement or just my wishful thinking? Any thoughts much appreciated please.
It's likely to be real. I reversed background retinopathy by better stabilising my levels, so it can and does make a difference.

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's likely to be real. I reversed background retinopathy by better stabilising my levels, so it can and does make a difference.
Thank you. God it would be brilliant if real and sustained. 2016 has been not good at all for me hope this may be start of a better 2017.

Reactions: Type1asem