Retinopathy Success!

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had laser treatment for a couple of years but my retinopathy was getting worse as my bloods were still out of control. So earlier this year I started having Eyelea injections, and have made a good start on control bringing my HbA1c down to 8.5% (yes I know it's still high but it was 13.8% last year :eek::arghh:) And yesterday I was told that I've stopped the retinopathy in it's tracks :D

I'm going to have some more of the injections, because they don't really have enough information on if the effect lasts, but only every 2-3 months rather than monthly. My consultant thinks if I can keep on top of my bloods he should be able to discharge me in a year's time.

So I really want to tell you all - It just goes to show that we should never think it's too late to start making a change!! Obviously sooner is better and I will always have a little damage from the laser (I had a LOT!) but even at the later stages of the disease we can still make a BIG difference.

Never give up!!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
quietly pleased for you @BeccyB :)

Reactions: asparagusp
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well done, you are heading in the right direction and I am so pleased for you :) x

Reactions: asparagusp