Retinopathy

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Hi looking for some advice I have proliferative retinopathy that has been lasered I have had vitrectomy in both eyes and have had no problems in the last16 months.i went for my 6 monthly check up on Wednesday to be told by a doctor that I have never seen before that all was "stable " my usual consultant was on holiday I have come home home and on sat morning I have had a minor bleed I can still see and am only aware of a small amount of floaters causing a pixelated effect, I am concerned about going back to work as causing a bigger bleed will mean 3 weeks off until it clears but I am more concerned thAt this doctor saw nothing wrong is it possible for this bleed to happen over 36hrs, I have never had this issue before the bleeds used to happen after months of not being monitored I thought it took a while for them to establish then burst ? Any thoughts my doctor is not back for another week and don't really want to go and see the unknown one again it's also a 120 mile round trip

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
May not be related to retinopathy.
I had a vitreous detachment last month, very similar symptoms, but not retinopathy.
I think you should get it checked though.
You can never expect to always see the same people as they all come and go.
I think you need to always trust the doctor you are seeing.

Last edited: