Review on monday :|

lauren_gee_x

Hi guys I have my review on Monday. It the first one ive been too for nearly 4 years and I cant remember what to take with me?

also Im going to be approaching the doctor about going back on to twice a day injections but im unsure as to what to do if he refuses to let me go back to it ?

I can handle doing 4 a day anymore Im running out of sites and its burning when the insulin goes in :( Im also sick of having to inject anytime i want to eat, its causing me to much hassle.

If anyone has any advice it will be gratefully appreciated :d xx

david.bligh

What are you readings like at the mo? I know its frustrating to inject whenever you eat, but thats diabetes...

About the insulin burning... That's not normal, and something you should definatley bring up.

Good luck tomorrow :)

lauren_gee_x

Thanks for replying. Reading are sky high even after corrections, its just really bugging me ive lost my motivation.
Yeah im deffo bringing up the burning as its unbearable at times and im running out of places to inject

What should i be taking with me its been so long ive forgotten xx

lauren_gee_x

Ive just worked out in the past nineteen days ive take 169 extra units of insulin and only had 4 injections were i havent had to add correction :(:( xx

lauren_gee_x

In the puch my pens came with the same way ive stored it for 15 years. I asked my dn abt storage and was told thats fine?xx

lauren_gee_x

The paisn fairly recent at least two weeks, the highs have been since i started around 10 weeks ago. Il admit i had a good few highs while doing two injections bt these were all down to me being naughy and eating things i shouldnt havce xx

david.bligh

But what are you doing now that could be causing these hypos?

Two injections a day only offer a half decent solution if you're a routine kind of person. I'd personally try and figure what's gone wrong now?

David

lauren_gee_x

Im very rarely having hypos more hypers sorry if i was unclear. Nothing has changed except. Im now eating three meals aday rather than two. I dont feel like i can do it any more its completely getting on top of me and driving me nuts. I didnt used to eat a proper lunch just normally a snack between breakfast and tea this has never really been a problem except now i cant stand having to eat if im not hungry just so i can inject, or waiting till i am hungry then having to have tea at a reallt late time . Thanks for answering

lauren_gee_x

Well today was a complete waste of time. I got bloods done then met the doctor who didnt even introduce himself. He asked me three questions whats were my ratios, wat insulin i was taking and did i know the dn's in the hospital after this i was then told to go make an appointment for the monday club in one years time.
I am completely peed off abt it he didnt even bother to ask how long ive been diabetic or what my sugars etc have been. i now need to make an app with the dn's to tell them im no longer interested in doing 4 times aday and also to log a huge complaint abt the doctor :(

david.bligh

Hi Lauren,

Did you post a reply earlier? Got a notifcation but no message. Send again if you did as it's not appearing :)

David

lauren_gee_x

Hi David

Yes I posted this

Well today was a complete waste of time. I got bloods done then met the doctor who didnt even introduce himself. He asked me three questions whats were my ratios, wat insulin i was taking and did i know the dn's in the hospital after this i was then told to go make an appointment for the monday club in one years time.
I am completely peed off abt it he didnt even bother to ask how long ive been diabetic or what my sugars etc have been. i now need to make an app with the dn's to tell them im no longer interested in doing 4 times aday and also to log a huge complaint abt the doctor

david.bligh

That's rubbish, tho I think we've all had it.

You got a log of the carbs you've eaten and what insulin you've been taking? What were your bloods like today?

D