Review

cratat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being diabetic, struggling with food choices
Just had my diabetic review and my mmol reading is now up to 77 (9.2) from 58 nurse wanted to give me another pill I refused as the issue isn't going to be solved with a pill. I know the issue just not how to solve them. How did people stop eating the stuff that is bad and make the changes as I am struggling to get my head in the right frame to make the changes I know I need to make. Any and all help appreciated

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well in my experience.. metformin gave me the shits and I didn't want to go blind (my biggest fear) or have anything amputated. With that in mind I found changing my diet the easiest option by far.
Also going onto LCHF I found really easy because the fat content made me feel full. So much so that I have started intermittent fasting, last week did an 88 hour fast without too many cravings at all.
Not trying to show off but that is the frame of mind I have.. helped along by the Diabetes Nurse who told me my condition was progressive and I would definitely end up on insulin.. so there was a bit a bloody minded F you in the mix too.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How did people stop eating the stuff that is bad and make the changes

Not a lot of help, I'm afraid. It's all up to you yourself.

Stop eating all obvious Carbohydrates and allow your BG to fall into a lower range.

It'll give your body a rest from having to deal with all the glucose.

You have to make the decision and do it, no excuses and no half measures.

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How did people stop eating the stuff that is bad and make the changes as I am struggling to get my head in the right frame to make the changes I know I need to make. Any and all help appreciated

Well I would like to give you a really clever helpful answer but looking back it was fear that drove me to make changes to get to grip with my life and body.

Can you tell us what the bad things are that you are eating and what are the good things?

Reactions: 2 people