Right time to inject lantus?

chl0ejasmine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I take lantus every evening at 10pm and I'm asleep at 10:30pm - I've seen that people take it earlier than that. I was wondering if it's benefit me taking it at 9pm rather than 10pm because DAFNE reckoned my lantus was running out in the evening and making my levels rise?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Different people will take their Lantus at different times. It depends on their way of life and their preferences. As long as it's taken at the same time every day, it's fine.

When I was on MDI, I changed from taking it at 10pm to 6pm as I was having hypos in the morning before breakfast. This change of timing stopped the hypos.

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Before going on the pump I use to take lantus. While doing Dafne I found it was running out before I was due to give it at 10pm so I split mine and gave it 9am and then 10pm

M

mammamia2006

I take mine at 6pm then 8am. I used to do it once a day at 7.30pm bit was hypoing too much.

Everyone is different though, my sister takes hers around 9.30/10pm and never had a problem.

LondonAndy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marmite
I have split my dose too, on advice from Consultant, and take half about 7.30am, half at 10.30pm