1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Right time to inject lantus?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by chl0ejasmine, Sep 13, 2015.

1. chl0ejasmine

chl0ejasmine Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I take lantus every evening at 10pm and I'm asleep at 10:30pm - I've seen that people take it earlier than that. I was wondering if it's benefit me taking it at 9pm rather than 10pm because DAFNE reckoned my lantus was running out in the evening and making my levels rise?

2. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Different people will take their Lantus at different times. It depends on their way of life and their preferences. As long as it's taken at the same time every day, it's fine.

When I was on MDI, I changed from taking it at 10pm to 6pm as I was having hypos in the morning before breakfast. This change of timing stopped the hypos.

3. Victorri

Victorri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Before going on the pump I use to take lantus. While doing Dafne I found it was running out before I was due to give it at 10pm so I split mine and gave it 9am and then 10pm

4. mammamia2006

mammamia2006 · Guest

I take mine at 6pm then 8am. I used to do it once a day at 7.30pm bit was hypoing too much.

Everyone is different though, my sister takes hers around 9.30/10pm and never had a problem.

5. LondonAndy

LondonAndy Type 2 · Member

I have split my dose too, on advice from Consultant, and take half about 7.30am, half at 10.30pm

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook