1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Ringing in ears now sound all muffled

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Tanmc, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Tanmc

Tanmc Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning can anyone help, I woke in the middle of the night with a ringing in my left ear now this morning sound is all muffled in both ears

2. russo

russo Type 2 · Member

Could be any number of things, best bet would be to see your Doctor.

3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

4. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

As has been said, tinitus can be caused by a few different things. It could be a simple thing like a wax build up or fluid build up. If you experience discomfort or pain then it may be an infection. The only way to find out is to see your GP. Do not be tempted to poke about with ear swabs, the golden rule is that one should not put anything inside the ear that is smaller than your own elbow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tanmc

Weirdly all has returned to normal I have had differently things going on but seeing nurse on Thursday so will chat through thanks all xx

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karengregory

Karengregory Type 2 · Newbie

I had the same thing happen to me before Christmas, I ignored it but on New Year’s Eve I started to feel nauseous and dizzy saw my GP and I’ve been off work for 5 weeks with labarynthitis so I would definately get yours checked out

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tanmc

I have a period cramp and I don't get periods. I just tested at 2.6 what is going on

8. BaliRob

BaliRob Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just adding my pennyworth - Tinnitus can happen more generally when a very loud sharp noise occurs near/adjacent to one's head and the resultant - permanent damage - will always be biased to the side next to the noise. Gunfire without protection is a major cause in the US but in my case - the sudden dropping of a lorry's rear loading platform onto the road surface as I was walking past started years of permanent discomfort. Some serious viral infections and side-effects of some medications are all responsible. In my very long association with Diabetes I have never heard it said (or proved) that Tinnitus is a symptom of Diabetes - but there - there's always a first time hahaha.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. joss.t2

joss.t2 Type 2 · Active Member

Did you change your meds at all? But i aree with others see the doc.
    Hope it goes soon.

10. solu1956

solu1956 Type 2 · Member

In my case, my tinnitus was caused by standing by a teacher fir ing a starting gun. I was 7 at the time, have had it for 55yrs. Not caused by diabetes.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook