1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Ringing in ears

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by brottonmoores, Apr 27, 2017.

1. brottonmoores

brottonmoores Type 2 · Well-Known Member

cant remember if I've asked this before does anyone else getting ringing in the ears when their bs is low if my bs drops below 4.2 ish and lower my ears have me almost banging my head against a wall and it lasts longer than the lower sugar if anyone has this how do they deal with it?
    And also I have another question my test meters all say no codeing so I'm presuming older meters needed codeing? And what did that involve
    Thank you very much in advance
    Hope everyone has a peaceful evening
    Jan

2. Enclave

Enclave Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

I do get ringing in my ears, but not connected it with low bs more often its if my sugars are high. I deal with it by putting on headphones and listen to music.. seems to work for me. As 4 is the lowest you would ever want to go, I would suggest you try to stay in the low 5's
    Code free meters are just not needing you to add a code into. Nothing more than that.. with the code meters you just had to put a number code in to make it work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. brottonmoores

Thanks for your reply I will try headphones it's got to be better than sticking my fingers in my ears and singing
    Thanks again
    Jan

4. AlaskaRon

AlaskaRon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

no ringing but I have problems seeing when my bs is low. I see small dark clouds like when you stand up to fast. I can always tell if I am low.

5. Debzz_

Debzz_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My ears ring when my levels go high - when I was unwell just before my diagnosis it drove me nuts . Thankfully all ok at the mo

6. brottonmoores

Thank you for replying it amazes me how different folk have such different reactions to high or low bs levels but thinking back my bodies reaction can vary form day to day I guess diabetes which ever form people have is always very complex
    Have a great day
    Jan

• Like Like x 1
  7. AlaskaRon

AlaskaRon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Before I was diagnosed after a meal I would feel sick you stomach when my b.s. would be high. Didn't know at the time that's what it was but it stopped after I started taking med's. I almost didn't want to eat because I didn't want to feel sick.

I remember once at work chewing gum and feeling really bad. My bs must have really been high!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook