Rising BG with nothing to eat.

Old_Dave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
OK so I'm a long term member and I have a question. Today, and many days recently, I have woken up with a high BG reading. Last night I went to bed BG of 28.7. This morning 9.4, lunch time 12.0. I have not eaten any breakfast and only drunk water yet this pattern of rising levels during the day seems to be part of a pattern. What will cause this to happen. I always take the NovaRapid and Tresiba as directed yet my glucose levels just seems to add up during the day.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds to me like your liver is dumping glucose and your insulin isn’t covering it. Have you spoken to your DN about this?

28 is pretty high and the rest aren’t ideal. What did you eat last night? I’m wondering if your evening meals are having lingering effects into the next day.

How long have you been diagnosed? If it’s in the last few years did they do any tests to rule out slow onset type 1, then or now? Did you use any other treatment other than insulin? How long have you been on it? Is it fixed doses or do you adjust them? Sorry for all the questions but it will help people to give you relevant suggestions.