Rolling my eyes

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi every1,
Since iv been diagnosed (just over a year ago) my mood is low compared to what it used to be, i think part of this is having people constantly asking 'should you eat that' 'are u ok' 'whats your BG's' i find ma self being really snappy with them and if i come across some one who doesn't know i have diabetes i dread them knowing because of the million questions that come after, i constantly find myself thinking that for one day i would love to not have diabetes and eat lots of cake and to shut every1 out just wondering how over people cope with these situations nd the stupid things people ask or presume even though they think their being really clever?? As well as how do you cope with the down days??

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Where do you live? Perhaps someone here is local and you could meet for a coffee? I know it would of helped me when I was feeling low.

Best wishes x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh 'eck Jaylee! :eek: You were best off out of that relationship ! I thought my ex was a nutter and that was confirmed after break up when they were arrested for selling small packets of oregano in a dodgy local :D

Signy ( apologising for going waaaay off topic :oops: )
Edited for typos

Hey, I'm not really complaining... She was the sort of woman my mum & sisters warned me about..
It's just the longevity of it would have finished me off long before one of her numerous fake suicide attempts had backfired on her! ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi every1,
Since iv been diagnosed (just over a year ago) my mood is low compared to what it used to be, i think part of this is having people constantly asking 'should you eat that' 'are u ok' 'whats your BG's' i find ma self being really snappy with them and if i come across some one who doesn't know i have diabetes i dread them knowing because of the million questions that come after, i constantly find myself thinking that for one day i would love to not have diabetes and eat lots of cake and to shut every1 out just wondering how over people cope with these situations nd the stupid things people ask or presume even though they think their being really clever?? As well as how do you cope with the down days??

This is life's "litmus test". I'm afraid... Gay? Muslim? Straight male ballet dancer? To name a few.. I bet they all get the know all..
Lay down some "ground rules". What erks you off? Write it out or type it up. (Create your own variation.)
1. You don't need to ask.
2. You don't touch my D stuff.
3. Unless your one of the "tomorrow people", don't assume my daydreaming or occasional lack of attention is a "sugar low".

My marriage works well on this basis... My wife is a feminist, I don't assume she's a lesbian.. ;)

I sincerely wish you the best..! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Belzedar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Jaylee, snap. I don't get aggressive or argumentative, I just get low and quiet.

That's what I used to do but since being diagnosed I am far more quick to anger.

I had dinner last week with some colleagues from my research group. I've been unhappy about being unhappy and I've fallen into the trap of telling people I'm feeling irritable or moody because I'm a diabetic.

When I did this - again - at dinner, one of them proceeded to lecture me on diabetes and how it wasn't causing my moodiness, just that I had a bad attitude to it. I said I was amazed to hear such rubbish from a post-doctoral neuropsychologist and asked her if she had skipped Neurochemistry 101 where she would have learnt that glucose was essential to the synthesis of neurotransmitters and that a disruption of it would have the knock-on effect I was experiencing.

I haven't been able to speak to her since and I've added a filter on my e-mail to mark her e-mails as read and drop straight into the archive.

Twinks

All iv dun recently is shop but spend that long in primark i have found it is where iv had most of my hypos now i treat myself to a choccy bar before i fill my basket

Twinks

I also love how now i have diabetes whenever some one is thirsty or tired they automatically ask me if i think they have diabetes yet when it comes to my diabetes they think they no everything

Reactions: 5 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also love how now i have diabetes whenever some one is thirsty or tired they automatically ask me if i think they have diabetes yet when it comes to my diabetes they think they no everything

I think the classic said to me by someone is "oh, I think I may have a touch of diabetes"..
Yarp! Just buy a box of tissues & take the day off....:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people