1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Rolling my eyes

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Twinks, May 9, 2014.

1. daniT1D

daniT1D Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Where do you live? Perhaps someone here is local and you could meet for a coffee? I know it would of helped me when I was feeling low.

Best wishes x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey, I'm not really complaining... She was the sort of woman my mum & sisters warned me about..
    It's just the longevity of it would have finished me off long before one of her numerous fake suicide attempts had backfired on her! ;)

3. Jaylee

Staff Member

This is life's "litmus test". I'm afraid... Gay? Muslim? Straight male ballet dancer? To name a few.. I bet they all get the know all..
    Lay down some "ground rules". What erks you off? Write it out or type it up. (Create your own variation.)
    1. You don't need to ask.
    2. You don't touch my D stuff.
    3. Unless your one of the "tomorrow people", don't assume my daydreaming or occasional lack of attention is a "sugar low".

My marriage works well on this basis... My wife is a feminist, I don't assume she's a lesbian.. ;)

I sincerely wish you the best..! :cool:

#23 Jaylee, May 11, 2014 at 2:14 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  4. Belzedar

Belzedar Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That's what I used to do but since being diagnosed I am far more quick to anger.

I had dinner last week with some colleagues from my research group. I've been unhappy about being unhappy and I've fallen into the trap of telling people I'm feeling irritable or moody because I'm a diabetic.

When I did this - again - at dinner, one of them proceeded to lecture me on diabetes and how it wasn't causing my moodiness, just that I had a bad attitude to it. I said I was amazed to hear such rubbish from a post-doctoral neuropsychologist and asked her if she had skipped Neurochemistry 101 where she would have learnt that glucose was essential to the synthesis of neurotransmitters and that a disruption of it would have the knock-on effect I was experiencing.

I haven't been able to speak to her since and I've added a filter on my e-mail to mark her e-mails as read and drop straight into the archive.

5. Jaylee

Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. Twinks

Twinks · Well-Known Member

All iv dun recently is shop but spend that long in primark i have found it is where iv had most of my hypos now i treat myself to a choccy bar before i fill my basket

7. Twinks

I also love how now i have diabetes whenever some one is thirsty or tired they automatically ask me if i think they have diabetes yet when it comes to my diabetes they think they no everything

• Like Like x 5
  8. Jaylee

Staff Member

I think the classic said to me by someone is "oh, I think I may have a touch of diabetes"..
    Yarp! Just buy a box of tissues & take the day off....:banghead:

• Like Like x 4
    #28 Jaylee, May 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  9. Twinks

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook