Rosacea

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Recently my rosacea has got much worse - ( I had it before I was diagnosed with T2 but not too bad ) could it be a side effect from Metformin ? Does any one else suffer ? Driving me nuts today

Jen74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently my rosacea has got much worse - ( I had it before I was diagnosed with T2 but not too bad ) could it be a side effect from Metformin ? Does any one else suffer ? Driving me nuts today
I dont have rosacea but since starting metformin my face has become blotchy with pimples and a greasy sheen which i didnt have before like u i hope it is just a temp side effect it not listed but too coincidental

Reactions: Debzz_

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had rosacea in my early twenties and then again in my early thirties and after trying many different things I ended up taking long term anti biotics, oxytetracycline for it (roughly about 3 months), It was the only thing that worked and did a second time. I have not needed them since but I know what to take should I get another outburst! I have also taken metformin since and it didn't set this off. Everyone is different obviously and skin conditions seem to have a law of their own of when they decide to appear and can be a real pain to get rid of :arghh: I do feel for you, it sounds minor but actually has an impact on how you feel about yourself and can actually be really sore. If you haven't already, see your doctor and see what can be done xx