Type 2 Rotten egg taste

monkeygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I have type 2 I'm on 2 metformin 3 novorapid units depend on what I'm eating tresbia at night and a weekly dose of ozempic
Can anyone advise please i was in hospital last April with dka blood sugars of over 50uk and ketones of 10+
yesterday my tummy feels like a volcano I was violently sick and what I can only describe as a rotten egg taste struggled with food only few rounds of toast I don't have ketones and blood sugars are my target range im really nervous do I continue with metformin per sick day rules I think stop until tummy settles any advice on gentle not gonna make me sick food x

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hi I have type 2 I'm on 2 metformin 3 novorapid units depend on what I'm eating tresbia at night and a weekly dose of ozempic
Can anyone advise please i was in hospital last April with dka blood sugars of over 50uk and ketones of 10+
yesterday my tummy feels like a volcano I was violently sick and what I can only describe as a rotten egg taste struggled with food only few rounds of toast I don't have ketones and blood sugars are my target range im really nervous do I continue with metformin per sick day rules I think stop until tummy settles any advice on gentle not gonna make me sick food x
Hi @monkeygirl I'm sorry to hear about this particularly unpleasant phenomenon. Do you have any idea what your blood sugar
readings were at the time? I still remember the almost pure sulphur dioxide taste, very bad diarrhoea, and being sick when my blood sugar levels rose suddenly high. It would be interesting how you fare when readings are in the desired range for a reasonable length of time. Not easy during stressful times! I hope this improves quickly.

monkeygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @monkeygirl I'm sorry to hear about this particularly unpleasant phenomenon. Do you have any idea what your blood sugar
readings were at the time? I still remember the almost pure sulphur dioxide taste, very bad diarrhoea, and being sick when my blood sugar levels rose suddenly high. It would be interesting how you fare when readings are in the desired range for a reasonable length of time. Not easy during stressful times! I hope this improves quickly.
Hi blood sugars between 5.9 - 10.1 and this rotten/sulphur has been 2 days hoping that settles today do u know what the cause is and how to get rid of it