Running on the weekend

running_sweet

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Me running the Great Ocean Road Marathon (first as a type 1) finishing 6th. Started very nervous, fearing the worst, but started to relax after 10Km and passing people. Great Fun running from Lorne to Apollo Bay and raising around $700 for the IDF Life for a Child Charity.
13179433_10154158230433769_7616357207743148189_n.jpg

Coming through the tail end of the half marathon runners at the finish line
13239927_10154158230573769_1437675323598816540_n.jpg

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for achieving your goal; it must be a fabulous feeling. I hope the rain / wet weather, was a help rather than a hindrance :)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow, @running_sweet - thanks for the inspiration!

I'm recovering from an injury and am 'athletically frustrated'..... hope to make a gentle restart next week. Am a brand new regular exerciser gearing up for my first 5k - and you've spurred me on to get my running shoes back on.

Thank you!

:)

Reactions: 2 people

running_sweet

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Salvia the last 20k was a strong headwind and drenched with rain, but the course is beautiful, hilly and a couple of kms longer than a marathon, so I wasn't too worried to slow down a little.

@Snapsy glad I could inspire. I know all about injuries unfortunately. Consistency is king when it comes to fitness Good luck and most of all have fun!!!

Alistair

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks, @running_sweet ! Embarrassingly it wasn't even a running injury - I had a nasty tumble a couple of weeks ago which is still making activity too painful - hoping for the all clear from my osteopath on Monday!