rye bread

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
black rye bread is abour 38 % carb. white rye bread I don't know, but surely it tells you on the panel what the carb count is.

icedgem32

Dislikes
spiders , injections
no it don;t tell you its from the bakery in tesco so not sure if it full of carbs it doent evern say ithe ingridants on it faye :roll:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
in that case you will have to ask them. they should be able to tell you what is in any of their products. I'm not sure if it's even legal not to.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
I found this and if there's no label on instore baked bread, I think there has to be a sign somewhre with the information
General labelling requirements for bread and flour (as required by the Food Labelling Regulations 1996 (as amended))
Bread and flour are subject to the general labelling rules of the Food Labelling Regulations 1996 (as amended). Bread and flour packaging will include details of:
• legal name (e.g. “white bread”/”white flour” and any additional terms that may be necessary to make up an adequate legal name)
• ingredients list (bearing in mind the need to refer clearly to any ingredients which are subject to allergen labelling). Flour will be exempt from this requirement by virtue of regulation 18(e)
• “best before end ” date for flour
• any special storage condition or condition of use
• name and address of manufacturer, packer or seller
• particulars of place of origin if failure to give it would likely to mislead consumers
• loaf and flour weight. (Prescribed quantities for both bread and flour will be abolished by April 2009. For further guidance please contact the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform at http://www.berr.gov.uk)

Trinkwasser

I can do rye bread earlier in the day than wheat bread without unacceptable spikes

BUT

be very wary of the portion size, the loaf I usually get is exceedingly dense, a slice is 70g which is 40g carbs. I can only do half a slice with butter or nut butter, maybe two halves a couple of hours apart during Extreme Gardening