SACKED for having a hypo!

scottishbrian

louisewomble said:
Diabetics are not a liability or a danger! We live with it - it should not define who we are and what we are capable of!

So bloody true!

I've left it far too long to do anything about.. although they did receive an email from me which I never got a reply for.. COWARDS!
I'm starting college again this week so I'm not in a real hurry for a job as of yet!.. luckily! :D

Thanks for all the advice!

meeper

This is disgraceful! Go to CAB and infact go anywhere you can to get adviceand help with this. Surely what they did is illegal??

All the best to you. I hope you expose the people involved in your dismisal as the uncaring idiots they are!!

Claire H

swan62

It is just another example of the general ignorance and myths about diabetic issues. My employer recently put me onto shifts and I had to tell them to do a risk assessment as much for their own protection as mine. I also asked for a covering letter to allow me extra breaks as and when required to show supervisors to avoid misunderstandings. My point is that we need to be more proactive and ask for things that we reasonably need.

brunodog25

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
HOSPITALS AND CERTAIN STAFF DOCS NBOT BEEN STRAIGHT WITH ME PREFER TRUTH THEN GET IT OVER AND DONE WITH
:crazy: HI ALL NEW TO THIS GAME AND TO DIABETES 3 WEEKS DIAGNOSED AND APOLOGIES FOR THE CAPS BUT EASIER FOR ME TO SEE WHAT I HAVE TYPED AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMVBER FROM MY UNION /TRADESBODY IF YOU DISCLOSE AN ILLNESS/CONDITION THEY CANNOT SACK YOU FOR THAT REASON ALONE TOUGH FOR THE FIRST DAY IT IS NEW TO ME

bjy80

I always let potential employers know that i am a diabetic at the interview stage & add will this be a problem... Mostly they ask questions about being a single parent (which i know they are not allowed to).... Good luck with college & getting yr diabetes bk on track....

princesskerry

This is absolutely awful, I hope you pursued it. I have also been asked questions regarding my children and childcare etc, but never about my health. I feel I have missed out on jobs before because I have two young pre school children so I completely understand your frustration.