Safe bloods at night?

Dadio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bordem
Seems I've managed to control my bloods at last!
Question but what is a safe reading at bedtime and if low what can I have to raise to required reading?

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That completely depends on what medication you are taking. If it is metformin or none then I would not worry about it. If you are on insulin or meds that stimulate insulin like gliclazide then you will have to be careful. Others can advise you better on that than I can.

Dadio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bordem
Thanks chalup

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks chalup

Are you taking any meds Dadio? That is a very important consideration, aolng with how you feel at whatever reading you see on your meter.

Dadio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bordem
Have reduced my meds from three Metformin and one glicicide to one Metformin in the morning over the past five weeks using low carbs and exercise.
If I'd have known this when I was diagnosed several years earlier it would have saved a lot of high readings and complications.
My health provider did not inform me of any of these things and only research by myself when meds just weren't controlling the blood sugar.
Lower carb intake and increased exercise amazing.
FYI,
I trained all my working life and walk 10000 steps daily at work.
It was only a back operation in 2013 which limited my movement for some time with infections sending bloods to +30 that things began to spiral.
Glad finally sorting bloods just need my back sorting again now. LoL
My readings are currently spot on and have been for over one week today cutting from two Metformin to one.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you spoken to your medical professionals about cutting your meds in this way?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have reduced my meds from three Metformin and one glicicide to one Metformin in the morning over the past five weeks using low carbs and exercise.
If I'd have known this when I was diagnosed several years earlier it would have saved a lot of high readings and complications.
My health provider did not inform me of any of these things and only research by myself when meds just weren't controlling the blood sugar.
Lower carb intake and increased exercise amazing.
FYI,
I trained all my working life and walk 10000 steps daily at work.
It was only a back operation in 2013 which limited my movement for some time with infections sending bloods to +30 that things began to spiral.
Glad finally sorting bloods just need my back sorting again now. LoL
My readings are currently spot on and have been for over one week today cutting from two Metformin to one.

Dadio - Provided you are no longer taking the Gliclazide, I would be unconcerned about going to bed levels, provided you feel fine. If you are still taking Gliclazide, the advice would differ. That is important to take on board.

Again, assuming you are only on one Metformin tablet a day, should you go low, and feel a bit rough, just have a cup of tea, or something small, just to buoy your levels a little. You don't need to be consuming glucose tablets, as the danger is those will drive your bloods high, then have a rebound reduction again.

A healthy, and hopefully recovered body becomes good at regulating itself again.