Safety of Teflon (PTFE) non-stick pans and PFOA?

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!

I've seen some reports online about Teflon (PTFE) non-stick pans and PFOA which is used to produce them being a health concern. (I gather if Teflon gets above 260C it can breakdown into other chemicals.)

This page:

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/teflon-and-perfluorooctanoic-acid-pfoa.html

states that Teflon isn't suspected of causing cancer. What about other health problems?

We all know how official establishment advice can be wrong - anyone have any useful info, please?

Many thanks! :)

D

Deleted member 308541

anyone have any useful info, please?
Not really, but I have been cooking with this fry pan for a fair few years with no ill effects.

bm32LuJ.jpg

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
BBC4 Storyville, Poisoning America, The Devil We Know. A documentary I saw a few weeks ago. About DuPont, pollution, cancer and birth defects. Still available on iPlayer.

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really, but I have been cooking with this fry pan for a fair few years with no ill effects.
Are you sure? ;)

BBC4 Storyville, Poisoning America, The Devil We Know. A documentary I saw a few weeks ago. About DuPont, pollution, cancer and birth defects. Still available on iPlayer.
Thank you! PFOA (or C8) looks worth avoiding!