saffy latest

saffy

Hi everyone....hope you all ok...my latest..am i getting results.
remember i was always above 11/12..to 17/19 bgs...these are the last 3 days.
8.4/ 8.6/ 8.7/6.6/6.7 7.5 6.6
8.0.......hows that then ...i am so pleased and its all down to your advise....if i eat weetabix/cornflakes/ zooms up tp 17/18 so a no no ..i had porriage this morning and up to 11.9..looks like cereal out for me...even small portion of rice...was 11.8 2 hrs later..and thats without actos....saw my Dr yesterday wasnt happy id refused to take actos ...till he saw my bgs...then said well if youd eaten proper before youd be ok ...they told me eat ..bread cereal rice ect.
so i told him what i thought of the advice i got from them ...so ive got a month to keep doing what im doing before my main blood test i know ive still to get it lower ,but im going the right way ,thanks to you all .......saffy xxxxxxxx:)

ChocFish

Such good news Saffy, keep it up, thanks for sharing here

Love from Karen x

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
That sounds great Saffy,another success story (sorry about the weetabix BTW, doesn't affect me like that :oops:)

Knowledge is the key to control

fergusc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hey Saffy,

It sounds like you're headed in the right direction. I think that the more you eliminate all those empty starches, weetabix, cereals, rice etc., the better your numbers will be.

Replace all that junk with meat, fish, veggies, nuts and dairy foods and you'll eat better than ever before, with numbers to match!

All the best,

fergusc

saffy

thank you all for your encouragment...im even losing weight lol..im eating mainly fish salad veg..nuts eggs.. not a lot of fruit a bit nervous of it..changed to butter as with not eating bread dont need much..speak soon Saffy :)

fergusc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Ah yes, the weight loss is a great bonus isn't it!

You'll use much less insulin if you eat this way and the effect of that is your body will become much more efficient at burning any fat stores you may have.

Let us know how you get on.

All the best,

fergusc