Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dusty2000 said:
...on a related topic the problem of getting full sugar drinks when ordering diet ones is quite bad.

Hi Dusty,

If in doubt about the diet drink actually being a full sugar drink, you can test the drink with your BG meter. A sugar content will register on your meter.

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dusty2000 said:
Was in Sainsbury today and wanted some lunch. I injected and decided on a brunch. All options were high in carb but the brunch had chips which I could ask to be removed. Its not so easy to remove pasta sheets from a lasagna or potato from a shepherd's pie. I asked to have the meal without chips or the egg as I don't like them. I asked to replace the chips with more mushroom and bacon. Was told would have to pay for the extras as it was a set meal. I pointed out I wanted to swap and was told would still have to pay.SPointed out was diabetic needed to eat but didn't want high carb. Didn't matter. Asked to see cafe manager. Same story. I said it was not fair that people with dietary requirements had to pay more. Mentioned diabetes and allergies etc. Was told people with allergies wouldn't order those things. I said all their meals were high carb and that if I went shopping now without food I would hypo. She just said sorry. Asked to see store manager and message came back to let me swap items. Staff were very unfriendly after that. To top it all was pleased to see 7up free instead of usual diet coke until I drank some and it was full sugar. I mentioned that their rigid policy did discriminate against people with dietary requirements. Anyone else had such problems?

Sorry if I'm being ignorant (which is probably the case) but if you were injecting anyway then what would have been the probably with taking the high carb option?

mark5745

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
DUSTY2000 a set meal is a set meal you wanted a pick and mix meal but still wanted to only pay for the set meal

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Dear all

Rather than deal with the real issue here, which is one of poor choice for those with diabetes (as opposed to, for instance, the usually good provision for vegetarians - who have generally made a lifestyle choice rather than a medical choice and ensure that they get what they want), people are choosing to attack Dusty2000. The thread keeps heading back to negativity rather than the positive support that this forum is noted for and is being helpful to nobody. Consequently, I feel that it has gone on for long enough and I am locking it. Hopefully a new thread might emerge to look positively at the need for service providers to cater for the needs of those with diabetes,

Regards

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.