Same Reading?

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had the same fasting reading 3 times out of the 4 times I tested today! On last occasion thought the machine battery must be low, so tested on my husband but his reading was different, so machine wasn't faulty. This is a first for me, reading wasn't bad 5.9, just wondered if happened to anyone else? Plus it's my hubby birthday and the first time I've had a takeaway so was expecting a higher reading...

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello firstly do not worry to much if your readings are consistent it means nothing except your control is good. I know people who would kill for readings of 5.9 . Learn to trust your machine. Most machines will warn you when battery is getting low. consistency to me is almost as important as low figures it shows you are controlling things well and you just need to up the exercise or Potion control and wit a few adjustment you are there

Reactions: jackors

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hello firstly do not worry to much if your readings are consistent it means nothing except your control is good. I know people who would kill for readings of 5.9 . Learn to trust your machine. Most machines will warn you when battery is getting low. consistency to me is almost as important as low figures it shows you are controlling things well and you just need to up the exercise or Potion control and wit a few adjustment you are there
I often wonder what consistent means, for example
Day 1 =7.1 5.5 4.3
Day 2 = 6.7 6.7 4.5
Day3 = 6.4 5.9 4.4

Are these consistent? Anyone got any ideas on consistency?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Day 1 =7.1 5.5 4.3
Day 2 = 6.7 6.7 4.5
Day3 = 6.4 5.9 4.4

Those are consistent.

Reactions: SueJB

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Great thanks for the reassurance

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Consistency = Achieving a blood sugar level which does not vary greatly over time.

After all we have all had Large Spikes which we have traced to certain foods, which we avoid eventually achieving the above which taking into account the variability of the monitors your figures are consitent

Reactions: Mags H

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Day 1 =7.1 5.5 4.3
Day 2 = 6.7 6.7 4.5
Day3 = 6.4 5.9 4.4

I'd say anything between 4 and 7 Sue as that seems to be the 'targets' they set and what a 'normal' persons levels fall between.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'd say anything between 4 and 7 Sue as that seems to be the 'targets' they set and what a 'normal' persons levels fall between.
OK they're within range but they're not the same so therefore not consistent or is my logic funny

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I once had a reading of 5.9 all day - from getting up to going to bed including before and after meals. I thought my meter was stuck. I used the control solution and it was OK. Next day, back to normal!

May I ask why you are doing all these consecutive tests?

I find it better to only re-test if my result is out of range for that time of day, and unexpected. It rarely happens. Otherwise it just confuses matters, and you will never know which of them is the most accurate.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Day 1 =7.1 5.5 4.3
Day 2 = 6.7 6.7 4.5
Day3 = 6.4 5.9 4.4

Depends on when those tests were done, if they were all 3 consecutive tests straight after one another then that's not a consistent result! If they were before breakfast, mid morning and before lunch (or before breakfast, lunch and dinner) they are consistent with a downward trend. Are they good results? again it depends on when they were taken but generally they are good numbers.:)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK they're within range but they're not the same so therefore not consistent or is my logic funny
Ah but they are consistently within range! Not a single human being has the exact same level throughout the day so by that logic nobody has consistent readings!! Which is probably your point Sue x

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Depends on when those tests were done, if they were all 3 consecutive tests straight after one another then that's not a consistent result! If they were before breakfast, mid morning and before lunch (or before breakfast, lunch and dinner) they are consistent with a downward trend. Are they good results? again it depends on when they were taken but generally they are good numbers.:)
They were taken at roughly the same time. I suppose I'm being a bit of a pedant really with how people understand the word consistent. That's the linguist in me:singing:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They were taken at roughly the same time. I suppose I'm being a bit of a pedant really with how people understand the word consistent. That's the linguist in me:singing:

Oh god, looks like I'm going to have to up my game and make sure I use the correct words in the correct order as well as say something slightly meaningful :p:hilarious:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Oh god, looks like I'm going to have to up my game and make sure I use the correct words in the correct order as well as say something slightly meaningful :p:hilarious:
Oh noooooooooooooooooo!! It's just me, sorry if I caused offence. It's all to do with a life of working with words:oops::oops::oops:

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Consistency = Achieving a blood sugar level which does not vary greatly over time.

After all we have all had Large Spikes which we have traced to certain foods, which we avoid eventually achieving the above which taking into account the variability of the monitors your figures are consitent
Yeah aiming for consistency for sure

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I once had a reading of 5.9 all day - from getting up to going to bed including before and after meals. I thought my meter was stuck. I used the control solution and it was OK. Next day, back to normal!

I find it better to only re-test if my result is out of range for that time of day, and unexpected. It rarely happens. Otherwise it just confuses matters, and you will never know which of them is the most accurate.
It was the first time since being diagnosed having the same reading 3 times on the day and wondered if it happened to anyone else. Wasn't sure what you meant by doing all those consecutive tests, I test 4 times a day at same times as instructed since starting insulin 2mths ago.

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

It was the first time since being diagnosed having the same reading 3 times on the day and wondered if it happened to anyone else. Wasn't sure what you meant by doing all those consecutive tests, I test 4 times a day at same times as instructed since starting insulin 2mths ago.

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, they were lunch, dinner and night time.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, they were lunch, dinner and night time.
Then in my opinion they were consistent and consistency does not mean they have to be the same especially when you take into account the margin of error the meters are allowed our readings are a guide only and can be consistently within our target range..