Saving strips

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
over the last year I have practiced in estimating my BG and have succeeded in being accurate with in. 5 points
Anyone else tried this .?

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Five whole points? That is a big difference.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I often try the guessing game, and find I am within 0.5 mmol maybe 4 times out of 5. It is usually my FBG level I get wrong, when it is higher than expected, it's never lower!

D

Deleted Account

Some time ago, I read about cutting test strips in half lengthways to get twice as much use out of them.
I have never tried this and don’t remember how old the suggestion was and whether strips have changed over the years.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some time ago, I read about cutting test strips in half lengthways to get twice as much use out of them.
I have never tried this and don’t remember how old the suggestion was and whether strips have changed over the years.
I will try that later on and report back.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Wont work, the strip wont syphon the blood onto the track.

There is 3 metal tracks in the strip and cutting it in half will cut one off. On the codefree anyway I pulled one to bits to see what was in it.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Its the ketostix that people cut in half lengthwise. :)

Reactions: xfieldok

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I do this too, thought I was the only one. I started guessing before in the early days when I was testing a lot over the first 18 months. I have been using a meter for 8 years and don't take any medications which I think helps.

I know what to eat and what a variety of foods do to my levels. I just have trouble staying focussed as I do eat quite a lot of carbs for a low carber.

D

Deleted member 308541

over the last year I have practiced in estimating my BG and have succeeded in being accurate with in .5 points
Anyone else tried this .?
Someone told me you can gauge the bgl by the colour of the blood drop.

I pay $1.20 for 100 strips so no need to cut them in half, that's if you can cut Abbot strips in half.