Scan Dates-confused (t2 Idd)

Yvonnie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve just had an early scan as I have some sharp cramping with bleeding today
I’m supposed to be 8 weeks according to my LMP, we “did the deed” 6 weeks ago but the scan is showing 4-5 weeks and too small to see a heartbeat So they’re rescanning in 2 weeks

This is really confusing how can I be 3 weeks out? Is it normal for babies to develop slowly at such an early stage? Could it not be thriving?

My HBA1C was high last month (10.4) but my BG are really tightly controlled now as I’ve been seeing DN twice a week

NaomiT

I'm no medic, or expert but really try not to worry. Dates vary so much, mine were moved twice with my first child and I knew exactly which day we did the deed, there are so many variables. Relax, take care of yourself and rest as much as you can. X

Reactions: Yvonnie

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I went for an early scan thinking I was also 8 weeks but measurements showed I was only 6 weeks...

Annoying because the whole way along I was thinking I should be 2 weeks ahead based on dates but measurements at all my later scans tallied up with their dates!

It’s nothing to worry about, you probably just ovulated later in your cycle than you thought :)

Congratulations x

Reactions: Yvonnie