Scanning problems

lisalouise25

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use the libre 2 sensor.
Never had issues until today when it keeps bleeping every few minutes saying scan fail and telling me to rescan my novopen. But ive never used a novopen.

Can anybody relate to this?

sparticus180

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ive tried to link my novopen echo 6 onto the app but it just says error this would be a handy tool if it worked anybody else having the same problem

DavidnVicky

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, my wife is having the same issue. She got the Echo Plus pen a week ago and it was okay for a few days but now she keeps getting an error message when she holds it up to the phone to store her doses. She has the latest LibreLink updates. Wondering if others are having the same issues.
Many thanks

davidb91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m having the same issue I’ve contacted novopen about it I’m not sure if it’s the app or the pens? But glad to here I’m not alone if I have any reply I will post an update.

Reactions: DavidnVicky

kazam401

Same issue here with brand new NovoPen 6. It let me scan it to register it but now just throws the scan error up every time. I have emailed NovoPen regarding this but doubt very much any reply will come.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Tagging @Jaylee , I think he found a way around getting the Novopen6 to scan.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same issue here with brand new NovoPen 6. It let me scan it to register it but now just throws the scan error up every time. I have emailed NovoPen regarding this but doubt very much any reply will come.
You should have the option of linking up the new pen as a Novopen 6 or the “echo.”
I resolved my N6 linking as the latter..

Hope this helps?

Reactions: Antje77

kazam401

You should have the option of linking up the new pen as a Novopen 6 or the “echo.”
I resolved my N6 linking as the latter..

Hope this helps?
Hi thank you for the reply, but like I said the pens (blue and silver) register in the Freestyle android app ok as NovoPen 6 the only options are NovoPen 6 or NovoPen plus, no option for "echo" so that won't solve it for me. Both these pens error every time I try to scan.

I telephoned the Novo helpline and got absolutely nowhere they just ended up giving me the Abbott telephone number and told me to see if they could help.

I have tried "forgetting pen" and re scanning but get the same errors, and I know it isn't my phone nor the Libre app that is at fault, as xDrip also errors when trying to scan these pens.

Given up now, waste of time and when I see my consultant this Friday (for the 1st time in 4 years ) I will be telling them.

Not sure whether these Novo 6 pens should be "yellow carded" to the NHS because it seems they simply do not do what they are ment to do, and just seem like additional costs for the NHS to find.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi thank you for the reply, but like I said the pens (blue and silver) register in the Freestyle android app ok as NovoPen 6 the only options are NovoPen 6 or NovoPen plus, no option for "echo" so that won't solve it for me. Both these pens error every time I try to scan.

I telephoned the Novo helpline and got absolutely nowhere they just ended up giving me the Abbott telephone number and told me to see if they could help.

I have tried "forgetting pen" and re scanning but get the same errors, and I know it isn't my phone nor the Libre app that is at fault, as xDrip also errors when trying to scan these pens.

Given up now, waste of time and when I see my consultant this Friday (for the 1st time in 4 years ) I will be telling them.

Not sure whether these Novo 6 pens should be "yellow carded" to the NHS because it seems they simply do not do what they are ment to do, and just seem like additional costs for the NHS to find.
Hi,

So, you don't see this?

Screenshot_20231205-202853.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For your suggestion all I can presume is you do have the "Echo Plus" because all you get with the 6 is a scan error if you choose "echo" when trying to register the 6.
I can assure you. The packaging & graphics on my pen suggest otherwise...

jim50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

jim50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was given a couple of Novo Pen 6 pens recently as a trial with Fiasp insulin.
I already use one for Tresiba following the recent shortage of pre-filled pens without any problem.
The pens refused to register with the Libre app,
Scan errors each time.
Went through the loop others seem to have had when reporting similar issues to Novo Nordisk and was eventually told that the pens must be faulty and to get them replaced by my supplier.
My pens are funded by the NHS so have to get another prescription issued
I installed the Libre app on my wife's phone to see if that would work and it didn't.
Then tried installing Glooko app on her phone and they wouldn't synch.
So....almost certainly an issue with NFC or something on these pens.
I think I am going to abandon this trial because I am not optimistic about replacement pens working either.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just started using the Libre 2 sensors recently and the last patch would lose connection virtually every hour. Hopefully the next patch is more reliable.