Scarring

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

So I’ve been wearing a pump now for almost 8 years (next month) I also wear a cgm and both of these are on my abdomen. I’ve noticed recently I do have some scarring appearing on my abdomen, I do change my sites every 3 days as recommended and I use as much of my abdomen as I possibly can do but with 8 years I think scarring is inevitable. Does anyone put anything on their scars to make them appear a little nicer, mine are currently very purple and angry looking :( I’m not the most body confident so any help is appreciated!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Nicola M why not use different sites for your infusion sets? As well as my tummy, I use my midriff, backside and sides of back. I prefer using my tummy for my sensor but have also used my thighs. I haven't used the back of my arm as I would require help, but others seem to manage it on their own.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Nicola M why not use different sites for your infusion sets? As well as my tummy, I use my midriff, backside and sides of back. I prefer using my tummy for my sensor but have also used my thighs. I haven't used the back of my arm as I would require help, but others seem to manage it on their own.

I go as far round on my stomach/back area/hips as I can do that I can see, I’ve seen people use their legs but I wear leggings so I fear I’d constantly pull my sites out.

I can easily get about 1.5-2 months of site changes on each side of my body before swapping to the other but still have scarring, has only started appearing recently though!