Nayera2003

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having bad health
Hi everyone ,
i have just started year 10 and in the past year (year9) i have had issues with the school about my footwear. "school shoes" swell my feet , i have tried different styles and stores none seem to work. I have always only wore soft shoes/trainers as they are not tight fitting so they let my feet breathe. I have also noticed that school shoes dont allow blood circulation in my feet even though i tried getting 1 and even 2 sizes bigger.
Currently my feet are swollen and in pain , so im wearing only socks and crocs even when going outside as any kind of shoes right now arent working. I also walk to school. Any suggestions on what I should do? it would be much appreciated , thankyou for your time :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Go to your GP and ask him to write a letter to give you for your head teacher. When my granddaughter had issues with her knees and feet the school had to abide by the GPs decision and she was able to wear trainers and even though the school asked that she wear black trainers my son bought white ones.
The school head (even the board of governers) cannot go against medical advice. Good luck.

Reactions: Juicyj

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you need a proper diagnosis on why your feet are behaving like this. Sounds like there is a problem which needs identifying and addressing, which would then, hopefully, allow you to comply with the school regulations.