Just thought I'd add a different apple pie for the record

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not really. It's not a closed box and simply gives shape for the paper bags over it.

So it could easily be transported with the shopping in the boot of a Chevrolet..? Without any ill effect.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, although I would advise keeping it on the top of the shopping lol

Always advisable to keep a delicate box of pie on top of something like a case of whiskey & rye.. ;)

Is that an American recipe?​

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two apple trees are loaded with fruit should be ripe to pick soon. I will not eat the pies , so don't feel like making them for others to eat. Let them make their own!

Will eat some of the cox pippins though, and the exercise of picking the apples is good fun.

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two apple trees are loaded with fruit should be ripe to pick soon. I will not eat the pies , so don't feel like making them for others to eat. Let them make their own!

Will eat some of the cox pippins though, and the exercise of picking the apples is good fun.

Now that brings back childhood memories of the apple tree we had in the garden lol....

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol. Ok I should have just said shopping centre then!

To be quite honest. I don't do massive retail outlets, let alone American pie style "malls". Lol, fear of a zombie attack?!
That'll be the day that I die.... :singing: & I'll be singin' this'll be the day that i dieeee.....

N

NicolaB70

To be quite honest. I don't do massive retail outlets, let alone American pie style "malls". Lol, fear of a zombie attack?!
That'll be the day that I die.... :singing: & I'll be singin' this'll be the day that i dieeee.....
Ha, a zombie attack...my husband lives in hope of one!!! He's got it all planned out on what he'll do and where to go, etc etc...

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two for a dollar. Isn't the kind of apple pie about which is said "As American as apple pie", for that kind is bottom crust, heavy filling, top lattice, but this is the kind of apple pie normally consumed by the masses of folks, to wit the MdDonald's apple pie, formerly fried, now baked, formerly 24 carbs apiece, now 30:

McD-Apple-Pie.jpg

Now don't tempt me! I'm addicted to McDonald's apple pies...