SD Codefree Users Please Read

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve had an email from Homehealth to let me know that due to the drop in the exchange rate from US Dollars to Sterling, after the Brexit vote, they are forced to accept they must increase the price of the SD Codefree meters and replacement strips. They have already increased their prices for other products, but are holding off with the Codefree for as long as they have been able.

In brief, the cost of the SD Codefree meter and replacement strips will rise, by around 10% from 1st October.

Homehealth asked me to communicate this news and their apology for having to do this, especially as they have been able to hold the current prices ever since they introduced the range in 2012. However, in appreciation of the support from folks like ourselves, they were keen I let everyone know, as soon as possible, so that you have the opportunity to order at the lower price.

Moving forward, the discount codes will still be valid, with the roughly 25% discount still being available, provided you order direct, in the same build quantities as before; 5 or 10 tubs.

Clearly, it’s your decision how you react to this news, but please do ensure if you do want to order at the lower price that you do so, before 1st October.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was bound to happen. Will still continue using code free.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How considerate of them to give a warning.

Anyone know how long a use by date the strips usually have? To help ppl guesstimate how many pots to order?

D

Deleted member 308541

Anyone know how long a use by date the strips usually have? To help ppl guesstimate how many pots to order?
My Accu Chek Performa strips have a use by date on the container, the Codefree strip container should be the same.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

In my experience months and months, but for anyone considering cornering the market, it could be worth emailing or calling them and asking, as each batch may differ.

When I've gone off on my longer trips, I have usually bought quite a few boxes and have never felt concerned about the expiry dates.

Reactions: Brunneria

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The ones I bought about month or two ago have an August 2017 expiry.. might treat myself to 10 boxes

I bought them on 07th Aug just checked

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The ones I bought about month or two ago have an August 2017 expiry.. might treat myself to 10 boxes

I bought them on 07th Aug just checked

Thanks .. Mine have the same August 2017 expiry on.. I bought 10 packs in May

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Thank you for letting us know
I have just ordered 10 more tubs of strips even though I Don, t need them yer
I will also continue to buy them when the price goes up

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still the cheapest on the market today. They will still be competitive. We are talking less than the price of a pack of butter, or an avacado or half a diet fizzy in the pub. So for me it means reduction of one cup of coffee per month in the local cafe. Think I can manage that.

If discount codes remain valid, can someone post them here just so we offset this as much as possible?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for letting us know
I have just ordered 10 more tubs of strips even though I Don, t need them yer
I will also continue to buy them when the price goes up

I think a few of us will buy a little early this tie around. Even with the increase, I'm pretty sure they'll still be the most cost effective around, and they're so easy to deal with.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
glad I have restocked my strips they should be with me Friday but thankyou for the information :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here are the discount codes. I tend to save this photo in my phone, so that I always have it to hand:

Attachments

• IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: daisyduck

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
The container of strips I'm using at the moment has an expiry date of 28 February 2018, so I've splashed out for 10 boxes too. But even with the 10% rise after 1 October they'd still be excellent value and Home Health is an excellent company to buy from.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @AndBreathe
I was almost through my next to last tub and was thinking it was time to buy some more and that spurred me into action. I will also continue to buy them as they are a third of the price of the ones my nurse had been prescribing, so still will be good value.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @AndBreathe and thank you Home Health for the warning and the period of grace.
Excellent company to deal with, and I will continue to use them.

Reactions: Oldvatr

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have just looked at my 18 tubs of strips and they all expire in early 2018, so when my next lot come sometime next week, I won,t have to worry about them expiring

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I think a few of us will buy a little early this tie around. Even with the increase, I'm pretty sure they'll still be the most cost effective around, and they're so easy to deal with.
The strips that I ordered this morning are the only second time I have used this company, I admit I did find it a little confusing but the more I use the company, the easier it will be

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Thanks for the update. I've ordered 10 boxes, using the code. The site says that they deliver free to uk mainland, so @Ive had to stump up £2.99 postage living in the northern isles, but still cheaper than Amazon. Will get some again later in the month, once I see what the use by date is.

ashmili

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! friends i was using one touch ultra earlier. Since August I'm using SD codefree. Price wise one touch ultra is more than double the price of codefree here in india. I'm happy now with codefree. Expiry here is April 2017 for codefree I've ordered aug-sep.

Reactions: Brunneria