Second Appointment with the Diabetes Nurse

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My diabetes nurse was very surprised by my progress in the three months since my first visit.

HbA1C down from 99 to 59
Weight down 6Kg
Cholesterol down from 5.4 to 4.8

My fasting blood glucose was 13.1 in my first blood test when I was diagnosed and now it is typically 6.2 when I test myself.

I told her I was on the LCHF diet and she said another one her patients was also on it. I said that a lot of people had reversed their diabetes using the diet, but she was a little cynical about this saying that in many cases diabetes gets worse with time. I suggested that it may get worse if people don't change to a low carb diet.

Hopefully my HbA1C will be below 48 in three months time.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its a bit like going to the garage/mechanic, and saying your car isn't running too well, so they look at your car and find out you've put the wrong fuel in, so they tell you to carry on putting diesel in it. (and they'll say it'll get worse and you might need a new car.......!) Who buys a petrol car these days anyway?!?!?

Well done though!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I told her I was on the LCHF diet and she said another one her patients was also on it. I said that a lot of people had reversed their diabetes using the diet, but she was a little cynical about this saying that in many cases diabetes gets worse with time. I suggested that it may get worse if people don't change to a low carb diet.

What a brilliant response to the nurse! Love it.

Well done, that is a great achievement, and fingers crossed for next time. No reason why you can't do it if you stick to your plan.

Reactions: Art Of Flowers

annie-p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Art Of Flowers! :) I have my second appointment with the diabetes nurse on 14th March so I'm hoping my numbers have improved too, although only been following LCHF diet for a couple of weeks!

McGints11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My diabetes nurse was very surprised by my progress in the three months since my first visit.

HbA1C down from 99 to 59
Weight down 6Kg
Cholesterol down from 5.4 to 4.8

My fasting blood glucose was 13.1 in my first blood test when I was diagnosed and now it is typically 6.2 when I test myself.

Hopefully my HbA1C will be below 48 in three months time.

great work. Keep out going. Congrats.