second christmas with type two

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
seasons greetings to everyone..
i had to post
..i had a real good day yesterday with my daughter and son plenty of wine,and gin prosecco some steak and salad...reason for posting.... where did my cravings go?...
no.. quality street, heros,pringles,haribo,wine gums,christmas cake,christmas pudding,shortcake,crackers,chocolate biscuits,cakes,cheesestraws,sausage rolls,mince pies,bassetts allsorts,dates,figs,tangerines,vol-a-vonts,gateux,ice cream,mints, mint chocolates,after eights,werthers,coke ,pepsi,dr.pepper,gingerbeer,orange juice,cherry juice,...all on christmas days past... i wonder why i weighed 30 kilos more than today and always tired....
anyway ...thought id share that with you all.....

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Seasonal greetings and what a wonderful change. Great post.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good for you! I succumbed to Christmas pudding, although a small portion, suffered with sweats all night and, of course, high bloods this morning. Mea culpa.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
seasons greetings to everyone..
i had to post
..i had a real good day yesterday with my daughter and son plenty of wine,and gin prosecco some steak and salad...reason for posting.... where did my cravings go?...
no.. quality street, heros,pringles,haribo,wine gums,christmas cake,christmas pudding,shortcake,crackers,chocolate biscuits,cakes,cheesestraws,sausage rolls,mince pies,bassetts allsorts,dates,figs,tangerines,vol-a-vonts,gateux,ice cream,mints, mint chocolates,after eights,werthers,coke ,pepsi,dr.pepper,gingerbeer,orange juice,cherry juice,...all on christmas days past... i wonder why i weighed 30 kilos more than today and always tired....
anyway ...thought id share that with you all.....
Absolutely brilliant post. It is so wonderful when all the cravings go. I had a lovely low carb desert instead of the sweet stuff. It was really tart berries and cream and there was absolutely no way I would have swapped it for anything sweet or starchy as it was so delicious.

Reactions: Diakat

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was my first Christmas since my diagnosis less than 6 months ago. I was worried about cravings and feeling sad about all my childhood traditions that were instantly taken away. So we swapped from a roast (where for me the really attraction was the stuffing) to seafood- lobster and lobster tails with cream and c cheese sauce and a bit of garlic, some prawns a tiny bit of avocado with more salad options for my vegan child. While I still would hav loved my bush de noel and pumpkin pie and pavlova ( I have a really big family and we had these since I was really small) I survived without them and without feeling too sad about them. Next Christmas we will have a more traditional roast which is important to my husband with maybe some seafood. I'm hoping by then I will feel it much less.

Again thanks to everyone here for the help and support.

Reactions: Diakat

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
no.. quality street, heros,pringles,haribo,wine gums,christmas cake,christmas pudding,shortcake,crackers,chocolate biscuits,cakes,cheesestraws,sausage rolls,mince pies,bassetts allsorts,dates,figs,tangerines,vol-a-vonts,gateux,ice cream,mints, mint chocolates,after eights,werthers,coke ,pepsi,dr.pepper,gingerbeer,orange juice,cherry juice,

The Ghost of Christmas Past :)

Miss.T. Morning

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
@Diawara.

'no.. quality street, heros,pringles,haribo,wine gums,christmas cake,christmas pudding,shortcake,crackers,chocolate biscuits,cakes,cheesestraws,sausage rolls,mince pies,bassetts allsorts,dates,figs,tangerines,vol-a-vonts,gateux,ice cream,mints, mint chocolates,after eights,werthers,coke ,pepsi,dr.pepper,gingerbeer,orange juice,cherry juice,...'
Isn't it shocking when you see how badly we treated ourselves in the past!