Second Month Of Lchf

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all quick update, went to see Dn for a weigh in. She was off but saw another nurse who weighed me and then referred me to Dr as I asked about my Bg levels and maybe adjusting my meds. My Dr was absolutely blown away with my progress and said I had made his day, the best consultation he had done in a while. He is a very straight talking Dr, so was pleased with what he said. I've got my diabetes MOT next month and blood tests so he will review meds then. Progress so far:

30/04/2018 weight 157kg :arghh:
30/05/2018 weight 148.6 8.4kg off :smug::)
27/06/2018 weight 141.4 7.2kg off :smug::)

30/04.2018 Bg 16.6 :arghh:
30/05/2018 Bg 7.0 (average over 7 days) :smug::)
27/06/2018 Bg 4.3 (average over 7 days) :smug::)

Well pleased with that. HbA1c should be interesting.:happy:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. Isn't it nice to actually look forward to blood test results instead of dreading them? :)

Reactions: Terrytiddy

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow thats some pretty stunning results I bet you are one of the few people your doc has ever seen do that. Well done indeed and for sharing your methods with him too.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the feedback guys, have to say LCHF has done it for me again (did it a few years ago but fell off the wagon) now I'm driving it!!. I aimed to loose 3 stone before my diabetes mot and bloods next month. Another 4 weeks to go so should do it with a bit to spare. :happy:

Reactions: Prem51

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Looking at your BG tend, you may need to reduce Gliclazide within days. As I am not a doctor I can't tell you what to do, but personally I would not be willing to eat carbs so I could legally drive.

Doctors like to use the A1c, but it can take weeks to get a new set of blood tests done, and even then it tells you about the past 13 weeks not what your BG will do in the next week. Most doctors have never seem someone improve as fast as you, and hene may not reduce drugs with a risk of hypos quickly enough.

(the metformin is not a issue, but BP meds may be, as BP often improves quickly with low carb)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not surprised your GP was blown away - they're some very impressive results. so very extremely amazingly well done!

Now just keep your seatbelt on tight so there's no chance of falling off that LCHF wagon again :)

Robbity

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looking at your BG tend, you may need to reduce Gliclazide within days. As I am not a doctor I can't tell you what to do, but personally I would not be willing to eat carbs so I could legally drive.

Doctors like to use the A1c, but it can take weeks to get a new set of blood tests done, and even then it tells you about the past 13 weeks not what your BG will do in the next week. Most doctors have never seem someone improve as fast as you, and hene may not reduce drugs with a risk of hypos quickly enough.

(the metformin is not a issue, but BP meds may be, as BP often improves quickly with low carb)
Hi @ringi my Dr is the senior consultant at the practice and when I showed him my Bg graph for the month he was very happy with it. My highest reading was 6.4 and lowest 3.2. I'm averaging 4.9 for 30 days. He was not concerned at the few below 4.0. He said he would be more concerned if it was very high then suddenly dropped. I did mention about the Gliclazide but he said he would wait until my bloods are done in 3/4 weeks before reducing them. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
At present your BG is getting a little low for Gliclazide given the risk of hypos, but some GP would think it was great. The issue is how much more will it drop over the next few weeks? (If you BG had not dropped so much in the last few weeks I would not be concerned.)

Remember that if driving and taking Gliclazide you must be able to prove that it was over 4 when you started to drive and retest every 2hr. DVLA says you should eat carbs if is below 5 and you will be driving.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At present your BG is getting a little low for Gliclazide given the risk of hypos, but some GP would think it was great. The issue is how much more will it drop over the next few weeks? (If you BG had not dropped so much in the last few weeks I would not be concerned.)

Remember that if driving and taking Gliclazide you must be able to prove that it was over 4 when you started to drive and retest every 2hr. DVLA says you should eat carbs if is below 5 and you will be driving.
@ringi I'm going for an INR next week so I will mention it again to my Dn. My blood pressure has been very good for ages but I'm still on 1 10mg Ramipril and 1 2.5mg Bisoprolol per day. :)