Self isolating

Lainne1970

I am type 1 diabetic and haven't been told by my doctor to stay at home and not go out. I am confused as I thought type 1 is in the high risk category

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Lainne1970, diabetes is higher risk (vunerable as the government puts it), but not extremely high (extremely vunerable), so we should be socially distancing. Unless you have other conditions which increases your risk further then you won't be getting a letter.
Personally I'm choosing to self isolate for 12 weeks but I don't work and am (obviously) not a key worker so that's my own decision and I don't have to argue with anyone about whether I am safe to go out or not! Obviously if you are a key worker and your employer wants you to carry on working, that makes things more difficult without a letter from the nhs.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Asking for my friend. One partner has had a letter but has to go to work (not up for discussion apparently) for One day as important key worker. Would you isolate them from yourself and family for two weeks when they get home?

Bill166

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1's are told to practice "rigorous social distancing". I'm type 1 and my wife is a front line doctor. She's more scared of infecting me than for herself. We've moved into separate areas of our house and I get the kids to shop for us. I go out for long solo bike rides and wave to people from a distance.

Eoghan Ahern

Type 1's are told to practice "rigorous social distancing". I'm type 1 and my wife is a front line doctor. She's more scared of infecting me than for herself. We've moved into separate areas of our house and I get the kids to shop for us. I go out for long solo bike rides and wave to people from a distance.
Well now your just going to make me feel bad.